cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 6301

beilby

Nokia 6301

I have a Nokia 6301 'phone that has a wireless VOIP facility, but, it only works with the Orange service. Does anyone know if it can be configured to work with PlusNet's service? If so, could you please tell me how.
Regards,
Richard Beilby.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Re: Nokia 6301

I dont think so, the 6301 voip seems to be UMA only. You need SIP support to use it on the PlusNet voip.
This link here http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Nokia seems to provide some useful info 
itsme
Grafter

How Nokia confuss people with similar model numbers. I'm waiting for the 6300i to become available on Vodafone as this does support SIP but when searching last week I got sidetracked to Orange by the 6301 model
beilby

Thank you for your replies. I was afraid that the 6301 could not be configured for SIP. The 6301 works fine through my wireless router to the Orange network.
Yes, the Nokia codes are confusing. The 6301i would be ideal for this purpose.
Regards,
Richard Beilby.
puddy
Grafter

Currently vodaphone  orange and t-mobile tend to remove the VoIP software from most of the mobile phones they sell.
WHY?
They fear call revenue i.e. money they get will fall.
Nokia brand the vodaphone name for them but have rejected their request not to included VoIP access so vodaphone have had to open one box at a time remove the settings then re-seal the box.
Nokia stance is why re-move the software when it cost them millions in research and development to make it available and what customer want it to.
It’s easy to get round this by changing the product code and them flash the phone with the nokia sim free firmware takes about 1 hour and gets rid of all advertisement and logo's at the same time.  It does not void the warranty.
Puddy
ps your mobile phone will still need unlocking if locked to the network.  I got my unlocking code for my Nokia n95 and e65 from eBay