cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No voice on NCH Express Talk 3.10 softphone

JimboS

No voice on NCH Express Talk 3.10 softphone

Hi
I hope someone can help. I have installed Express Talk 3.10 on my plusnet voip. I can make calls and get connected but the other side cannot hear any voice but they can hear DTMF tones if I press numbers. When connecting to an answerphone this too does not detect any voice and simply hangsup but does respond to DTMF commands. I can hear voice from the remote party. (same settings seem to work ok with SJPhone but I need Express Talk)
settings: Proxy: sip2.plus.net:5060  (also tried sip.plus.net:5060)
outbound server:  natproxy.plus.net:5082  (also tried nat.plus.net:5082)
any pointers would be appreciated.  Embarrassed
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: No voice on NCH Express Talk 3.10 softphone

I've got no answers I'm afraid BUT you're not the only one with the problem.
I've been away on business for a few days and made some voip calls using the hotel Wifi.
I had a similar problem to you with Express Talk , sometimes SIP to SIP calls would work Ok but
never got a PSTN call to have outgoing voice.
As you say SjPhone works fine, it seems to be an Express Talk issue.
When I get a moment I'll check through the Express Talk settings.
Ahh , just thought , in my case I'm pretty sure the only time it worked was the first call after starting Express Talk...
mdempers

Re: No voice on NCH Express Talk 3.10 softphone

Hi Guys.
Just to let you know I'm having the same problem. I'm using Express talk 3.10. I have one of my lines in Express Talk configured as my Plusnet VOIP and for another line in Express Talk I have it configured with another provider. For the the other provider I have no problems. For Plusnet line if I recieve a call it all works fine, if I however make a call out on my Plusnet configured line, the other party cannot hear me. Logic tells me ...well I'll let you make your own decision.
Regards
Maurice