cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No outgoing via SIP or incoming from PSTN

Community Veteran

No outgoing via SIP or incoming from PSTN

Hi all,
Please forgive me if this has been mentioned elsewhere (I'm a mod so should know better!) but I'm having real problems making calls from my Nokia N95. it's all new technology to me and I'm struggling!
- The service is registered according to my phone, but not according to the Control panel for the VoIP beta

Package                      Purchase Date            PSTN Number  Extension          Status
Broadband Phone 120 2008-04-21 20:43:54 01489 ****** 801***** (Ext) not registered

So, when I try to make an outgoing call via SIP protocol to PSTN from my N95 as a internet phone call, it calls <number>@sip2.plus.net.
Whenever I call my geographic VoIP number from a PSTN line, I've had a couple of error messages over the last day.
One is "The person you have called has hung up" and the other message I get is the "Not available, please leave your message"
Anyone have any ideas? I'm guessing that if I didn't have the right settings (According to Bob's post with his N95) The phone wouldn't have registered the service.
Any help would be appreciated.
Roger

8 REPLIES
puddy
Grafter

Re: No outgoing via SIP or incoming from PSTN

incorrect information waiting for advise from plusnet
puddy=jillweekes
Community Veteran

Hey Puddy,
Did all of that earlier as I saw that in another thread and it still didn't work - There were some problems that Gradwell had to iron out.
I installed Fring into my mobile and use that for SIP calls - works a treat!
Thanks anyway!
Roger.
Community Veteran

I've tried the settings again with the generic N95 software - everything registers fine, however I can't make calls, I get the "Internet Telephone Service Not Available" message

As for incoming calls, they are diverted directly to the voicemail service, and are logged in the incoming calls list under voip.plus.net
Yet... fring works fine.
Also, as it's BB phone 120, is this supposed to be anytime minutes to any network (PSTN and Mobile) or is it just PSTN that is included in the minutes? reason I ask is that I made a short mobile call and was charged for it..
Answers on a postcard please.
puddy
Grafter

a
Community Veteran

Thanks.. but that still doesn't work..
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: rogerloxton
Thanks.. but that still doesn't work..

I have just found out the settings plusnet told me to use dont work i.e the phone will not ring for incoming calls.
Posting has been updated see urgent update for nokia phones
puddy
Community Veteran

OK.. got things working now.
Completely removed the profile and started from scratch - put sip2 settings into it and it worked straight away, so I'll leave it working for now...
puddy
Grafter

sorry for giving you the wrong settings!!!
Mine work too now
puddy