Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No free credit this month?

mattewan
Grafter

No free credit this month?

Hello,
I am aware that the VoIP accounts will be removed shortly, which is a little annoying as I will be paying the same price for a service which has no free voice minutes compared to a service where I had 480 free minutes, but I understand that if this is the route plusnet needs to take then fair enough, they have given us enough warning.
However, I just logged into my VoIP account, and shocked to see that my credit has gone down.  This month, I haven't had my usual 480 free minutes.  Why is this, there was no mention of this is the email that I received.  I think it is unfair that we also have to pay for any minutes we use when technically we should have our free minutes until the service has shut down. 
Surely not letting us know that we won't have free minutes from July is not on?
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: No free credit this month?

Yes, my 120 minutes haven't been reset this month, I have no minutes of credit. The service isn't being discontinued until the 26th August, we should be continuing to get our contracted minutes until then! Shocked

Edit: actually , in the time taken to write the above ( plus a PM to Bob ) my account has been reset and I now have 120 minutes. Looks like there was a late running of the job to reset the voip minutes
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

@mattewan, looking at your account you have 435:42 of free minutes remaining? Having said that, I can see some calls have been made today that seem to have been deducted from your credit balance? This is not intentional and I'll happily ask Gradwell to look into it.
@MisterW, looking at your account you have 120:00 free minutes remaining which would suggest that things have been reset? Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

mattewan
Grafter

Hi Bob,
When I logged in earlier it stated "You have no free minutes remaining", and when I looked at the call history, calls on the 1st and 2nd hadn't been charged (so I must have had free credit at the start of the month), but calls today have been.  I guess something has gone wrong today and for a certain period, free credit was removed from accounts then put back on, but I've obviously used the service during this period.
I'm happy enough to know that the free minutes will continue until the end of the service, I'm not that bothered about the 26p of calls I have been charged for, it's not worth investigating.
Kind regards
Community Veteran

Thanks for the quick response Bob. Yes , it looks like things got reset in the time it took to post the PM's and replies. My billing date was yesterday but it looks like something happened to the voip minutes this morning. It was definitely showing 0 minutes when I first looked and that's odd in itself since I rarely use all my minutes and certainly didn't last month Huh. Together with mattewan being charged for calls,it looks like something reset the accounts to 0 and then they weren't set to the correct value for some time
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Very peculiar, think I'll get in touch with Gradwell regardless to see if they're aware of anything. Thanks to all for bringing it to our attention.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looks like there has been a problem, inadvertently triggered by the recent UK calling regulation.
Database tinkering resulted in customers losing the use of their inclusive calls.
I'm told a script is being run that is resyncing all the packages. It's due to finish late tonight/early tomorrow morning.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Community Veteran

Thanks for looking into it Bob.