cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Inbound Sound - Gradwell Through Plusnet for Business

johnnymb

No Inbound Sound - Gradwell Through Plusnet for Business

Hi all
Have been a happy Gradwell customer for about five years, and just moved to Plusnet and a new office with two (initially) SNOM phones.
I'm very familiar with setting up the SNOM 320 VOIP Phones... but although all the settings are as they should be and double/triple confirmed by Gradwell.
- The phone lines ring
- I can pick up
- The caller can hear me
- I cannot hear the caller on either phone
Even when I disconnect one of the phones, I cannot hear the other caller, so it doesn't seem like it's a conflict.
I sent an email to Plusnet support two days ago about fixed IP, further IP addresses and how to ensure port authentication / provision... but heard nothing so far.
I am at my wits end of trying things, can someone suggest anything I might have missed?
Cheers

John
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 5

Re: No Inbound Sound - Gradwell Through Plusnet for Business

Hi John,
Sorry for the delayed response here.
I can see that Ticket: 82606964 has been updated by our Support Team. I hope you've managed to get to them bottom of this issue.
Chris Pettitt
Cloud Environments Engineer
johnnymb

No - the support isn't really there. Every time I wait 4-5 days for a reply (even yours was 5 days later)... slooooow.
Gradwell have wasted hours on this (at least they call me to help same day), I paid for a VOIP consultant to come here and get frustrated), I have wasted days on this. And a month in and nothing. No progress.
I have tried everything:
- Home office phone works at home (cheapo Sky Home Broadband) but not here (expensive business broadband)
- Phone here doesn't work, but does in home office (therefore device works)
- Two different routers, both of which also work with the broadband but not the VOIP
All give exactly the same problem:
- Registers - yes
- Rings - yes
- Voice goes out - yes
- Voice comes in - no
Everyone says 'the NAT provision isn't working' yet all also agree I have set it all up correctly (Gradwell and a consultant looked directly at it), and it **should** work which leaves me confused... All the hardware works, the software is all setup correctly... yet, it does not work.
Leading me to the conclusion which is that somehow this line (which was installed 'new' a month ago) is the problem. But what is the solution? Could Plusnet even get someone to call me? Or possibly investigate whether there is something not quite right with the line itselfHuh
Suggestions on a much delayed post is my guess. Here's looking forward to a reply sometime next week from Plusnet along the lines of "what, you mean it didn't fix itself? Don't worry, here's another suggestion you've tried before because we can't really be bothered to actually investigate it for you"
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 5

Quote from: Chris
Sorry for the delayed response here.

As mentioned before, I apologise for the delayed response - I appreciate the issue you're having is very frustrating.
I've had a look at the ticket, I can see that you've done your Port Forwarding, has this been attached to your internal IP that VOIP runs from?
Chris Pettitt
Cloud Environments Engineer