Incomeing calls from BT line to my voip number, no audio from bt line to voip
I will try changing my hardwear settings via telnet

Ian
10 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: No Audio on Incomeing calls

Hi there,
There have been a few posts today which are suggesting that this is caused by a recent update to X-Lite rather than the service itself.
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Not the xlite softwear, I have a hardwear platform
Ian
Ianwild
Grafter

Weird question, but if you press the numbers on the phone, do you hear DTMF tones?
Ian
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: ian007jen
Just registered on the new VOIP trial.
MY Hardwear, speedtouch 716wl
Outgoing calls, Audio both ways.
Incomeing calls from BT line to my voip number, no audio from bt line to voip
I will try changing my hardwear settings via ftp (port 5082)

Ian

I too have the speedtouch 716 wl v5 router what ever you do with this router dont update to the latest firmware it will lock up the voip light on the router.  I had to reflash mine (downgrade)
Puddy
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

No DTMF tones
Ian
ncalow
Dabbler

I can confirm that I have the same hardware (Speedtouch 715 v5 WL) and have the same problem with no audio on incoming PSTN calls.  I haven't received any SIP call yet so can't confirm if that is OK.  Seems to work OK with echo test and outgoing PSTN calls.
BTW, I have also had the same problem with the latest firmware for 716wl (v6.2H5) where the VOIP stops working completely and the Phone1 light remains permanently lit.  Had to go back to v6.1.7.2
jakejohnson
Dabbler

Quote from: ncalow
I can confirm that I have the same hardware (Speedtouch 715 v5 WL) and have the same problem with no audio on incoming PSTN calls.  I haven't received any SIP call yet so can't confirm if that is OK.  Seems to work OK with echo test and outgoing PSTN calls.
BTW, I have also had the same problem with the latest firmware for 716wl (v6.2H5) where the VOIP stops working completely and the Phone1 light remains permanently lit.  Had to go back to v6.1.7.2
Hi ncalow,
Sorry for the late reply. We will need to know yuor extension number (you can PM it to me) so we can trace your number and see where the problem occurs.
We will also need to see your settings from Telephony > Configuration and Telephony > Expert Configuration.
Thanks,
Jake
ncalow
Dabbler

Hi Jake,
I've PM'd you the requested info.  Tested again last night and still having the same issues - No audio (VOIP to PSTN) on incoming calls.
Nick
petermaughan
Grafter

Hello,
I also have a SpeedTouch 716v5WL, bought from Free-Online. 
I thought it was working perfectly but No!  I have the same problem... on an incoming landline call to VIOP I can hear the caller but the caller cannot hear me.
It was working OK on the old system, though not much used.
I look forward to a solution.
Peter
RichSmol
Grafter

We have raised a case with Gradwell - its a known issue and this will get looked at as a priority in the coming weeks. This seems to only effect certain allocated telephone numbers.