cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Answer To Question For Six Days

Community Veteran

No Answer To Question For Six Days

Please could someone respond to my question ID: 28332104. I raised it last Saturday morning (6 days ago) and so far there has been no response other than passing it around internal departments.
I don't think I'm asking for anything difficult, just resetting my voip setting back to "standard" now that I've returned my Speedtouch 716WL. I'm currently using X-Lite and am thinking of buying a Siemens A580IP so want to return to a standard set-up to avoid potential future support problems.
Thanks - Bob
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: No Answer To Question For Six Days

bob,
I dont think there is anything that needs doing , you should be able to use the normal configuration and still authenticate ok.
AFAIK all the change does is allow you account to authenticate against the alternative server, it doesnt stop you using the normal server, although I may be wrong !!
My guess is that CSC haven't got a clue what you are talking about on your ticket  and the only person who will be able to understand it is Rich.
Community Veteran

I'm currently using the "standard" settings on X-Lite specifically "sip.plus.net". I can dial-out ok but incoming calls go straight to voicemail.
I was assuming that this was because I was asked to use  "lon-pbx-12.gradwell.net"  for the Speedtouch and my account needs to be reset to the standard settings.
I'd expect the CSC to refer this to whoever can answer it. If that's Rich then it should be referred to him. Otherwise how are we supposed to raise support issues - I didn't think that these forums were an official support channel.
Bob
Community Veteran

Oh! , maybe I was wrong then Bob , but I always thought it was just a matter of authenticating your account on 'lon-pbx-12.gradwell.net'.
What happens if you use 'lon-pbx-12.gradwell.net' with X-Lite, do your incoming calls work ?
Its possibly worth dropping Rich ( Smolenski ) a PM and seeing if he can advise.
Community Veteran

If I use 'lon-pbx-12.gradwell.net' it works ok (incoming and outgoing) but I don't want to be stuck on non-standard settings and run in to support problems in the future.
I'll PM Rich but we really shouldn't have to do this.
Bob
RichSmol
Grafter

Hello! Here to help - sorry you havent received any response, the alternate platform isnt actually part of the CSCs training as its a bit of a covert activity. You should just be able to change your sip server setting to sip.plus.net and the whitelisting on PBX12 will be taken out of play. You'll obviously be able to continue to connect to PBX12 but they are completely separate and wont influence the performance of how your device works with other sip server settings.
Can you try SJPhone with the recommended settings just to make sure this isnt an XLite issue?
cheers
Rich
Community Veteran

Rich, when I originally got my Broadband Phone activated I tried SJPhone but had problems with poor sound quality. I switched to X-Lite and it worked fine and only stopped working when you changed my setting for the Speedtouch issue.
I really don't want to install SJPhone again as I'm pretty sure that's not the issue.
If it helps it says on the Broadband Phone control panel:
Status        expired at 2009-04-03 10:20:04, logged into lon-pbx-12
SIP Device  X-Lite release 1100l stamp 47546
SIP Server    lon-pbx-12.plus.net:5060
Not sure if this is relevant.
Bob
RichSmol
Grafter

No probs, i'll get it removed and we'll take it from there. Gimme an hour or so.
cheers
Rich
Community Veteran

Just a thought...
Maybe Gradwell's system isnt clever enough to realise you are registered on sip.plus.net. When it gets an incoming call, because your account is authorisied on lon-pbx-12.plus.net, it is looking ONLY for a registration on that server !!
RichSmol
Grafter

Gradwell have removed the PBX12 access and pointed you back to sip.plus.net only. Could you give it a try and let me know how you get on?
Community Veteran

It's working now - thanks.
Bob