cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New upgrade to Option 2 - Inclusive Minutes?

Colin1
Grafter

New upgrade to Option 2 - Inclusive Minutes?

Hi,
I've just upgraded to Option 2 as I want more bandwidth and to use the VoIP facility with it's inclusive minutes.
Everything with the upgrade seems to have gone through OK and the Broadband phone is enabled and working. However, the Broadband Control Panel shows "None of your packages support inclusive minutes". Also a call made to an Orange VoIP number was charged. I've raised a ticked for clarification/correction (27456783) but after 2 days there's no response.
So some very basic questions to others who have upgraded and enabled the BB phone ... when do the inclusive minutes become available? Do calls to other BB customers have to be made using "Provider Code" and SIP ID or can I use the "phone number" to take advantage of the free calls to other internet phone users?
Regards, Colin
6 REPLIES
paxy
Grafter

Re: New upgrade to Option 2 - Inclusive Minutes?

To answer one of your questions I recently upgraded to BBYW2 but had to raise a ticket to get the inclusive minutes added as well....
James
Grafter

Hi Colin,
I've just asked Rich if he could possibly sort this for you Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Do calls to other BB customers have to be made using "Provider Code" and SIP ID or can I use the "phone number" to take advantage of the free calls to other internet phone users?

Calls to peered Sip providers using the peering codes are free ( see here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1654.0.html ).
If you use the full sip address e.g sip:1000000@sip.gradwell.net for others then I always thought that was also free but I may be wrong there!
itsme
Grafter

Calls to Orange VoIP will never be free. They are not a Peering Partner for any VoIP provider and the telephone number  for their VoIP start with 0845 so will not be include in the inclusive minutes.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Yes , looks like its not possible to find the sip details for an Orange voip connection, they're hidden in the Livebox configuration, so a direct sip->sip call looks impossible!
This post http://www.wirelessforums.org/uk-telecom-voip/orange-livebox-sip-address-28108.html seems to imply that it is possible to get an 01/02 number instead of an 0845 ( although its a little old ! )
Colin1
Grafter

Thanks to everyone responding ... the inclusive minutes have appeared and it looks like I'll have to get the relative that uses Orange to get a 01 prefix numebr so Ic an call them using the inclusive minutes.
Colin