cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New VOIP Platform - go live date?

talpa
Grafter

New VOIP Platform - go live date?

I'd like to register a number, but that facilities not available on the old platform any more, but I don't really want to use a "trial" solution.
Is there a date set for switchover yet?
8 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: New VOIP Platform - go live date?

Hi Talpa,
I've spoken with Rich and he's expecting this to be at some stage in June.
minkey
Grafter

I'm in the trial and have been told that the phone number I picked will be the one transferred to 'live', so I wouldn't worry too much about that.
Jeff
talpa
Grafter

Thanks for the replies - I'll look into other solutions for now and see what June brings Smiley
RichSmol
Grafter

Just to re-iterate, the service quality of the trial platform is far superior to our own. Its a trial mainly because we plan (with your feedback) to do an overhaul on the account management side of things and moving out of the trial we'll provide full support through our CSC. I think most people on the trial platform will agree whole heartedly that the trial platform is performing well! We have had some minor hiccups over the past couple of weeks following some platform maintenance but we are through the woods now and well on the way to achieving the same QoS you'd expect from a full product launch (minus the additional support and web content facets mentioned initially of course).
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

I'll second that RichSmol,
The trial platform is MUCH better than the old PlusTalk!
The old system was very iffy and after I came back from holiday last year my router stopped registering with the PlusTalk system...
Opted in to the trial system, and no real problems since although I cant say I use it an awful lot.
talpa,
Go with the trial system, its a BIG improvement on the old system.
talpa
Grafter

Ticket placed Smiley
teldanet
Grafter

I do use the trial system a lot, mainly because other members of the family hog the home phone (plusnet again).  Apart from a few glitches which seem to have gone away the system is running very well  Cool
pnf
Grafter

You won't be disappointed.  The new system is very good, sound quality is excellent and the geographical number makes it just like using a home phone.  Receiving voicemail messages via email is a nice touch.