cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear DG834 V4 Firmware and VoIP

Community Veteran

Netgear DG834 V4 Firmware and VoIP

Hi All,
As some of you know, I've been experiencing issues with VoIP and choppy incoming audio. Well I'm pleased to say that I have got the issue sorted.
After some googling and cursing and more googling with a bit more cursing, I found the following post really useful..
[Quote="whirlpool Forums"]
Having taken up a MNF offer recently, I had the same problem with my DG834G V4 and Mitron MNFMV1. I spent over a day with MNF tech support trying to figure out the problem (they were very helpful in trying all different possibilities). The problem as it turns out is with the new Newgear firmware, V5.01.14. Speaking to their techs, it seems VOIP functionalities have been removed or downgraded in this release (NO MENTION ON FIRMWARE UPDATE SITE). Install V5.01.09, tick Diasble SIP ALG and I also have port forwarding activated for UDP 5060-5061 and 10000-20000. It has been working for the last 4 days. Must say, very happy with MNF quality of signal

So, if you have the latest 5.01.14 firmware installed and you're experiencing the same issues, then it's well worth downgrading back to 5.01.09 - it worked for me and all my issues have now resolved themselves.
Hopefully, someone might find this post useful.
Chemical Brother.