cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW FEATURE: Personalise your outbound number

RichSmol
Grafter

NEW FEATURE: Personalise your outbound number

Gradwell have provided us with some new funky functionality....
You may have noticed that within your control panel at voip.plus.net > Account overview > Extension number you are now able to select your outbound number (for most of you this drop down will show your existing 01/02 number and an option to withhold the number). Well....for the administration fee of £5 (inc-vat one off fee) you can select any PSTN number (01, 02 and 08 numbers only) as your outbound number! This wont affect your existing 01/02 number and you'll simply retain all your existing numbers, your
All you have to do is prove to us that you own this number by attaching a scanned copy of a bill with the number and your address clearly stated on the scanned bill and we can add this number to your account (usually within 2 working days). Once its been added you'll be able to use the drop down menu to flick between your outbound numbers. We'll let you remove the number for free if you wish - just let us know at the ticket path at the foot of this post.
Really useful feature if your a business user and have a 08 number and make lots of outbound calls but still want to receive the same revenue share on inbound calls. Theres loads of other uses but this one came to mind as being the most influential.
To request to have this feature on your account let us know by raising a ticket at:
Help & Support > Technical Support > Phone Calls > Broadband Phone (VoIP) > I'd like to change my outbound number on Broadband Phone
10 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Re: NEW FEATURE: Personalise your outbound number

Hi Rich
Not one for me at the moment mate, but one question comes to mind.  If you have home phone with Plusnet, can you just raise a ticket and ask for your home phone number to be added, since it is on the same account, and hense you must own it?
Phil
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Or as a bonus if you have both home phone and broadband with PN ; free of charge? Wink Smiley Grin
teldanet
Grafter

Is this FREE OF CHARGE from a wishful user or an official employee of plusnet?  Angry
RichSmol
Grafter

sorry for not replying in a timely fashion following my post -
The charge is actually to cover the development cost to add each number to the account regardless of where the number comes from - we obviously have to do some basic checks (less so on numbers which are used for HomePhone) which were doing for free and then insert the number into the account and test it which also incurs a support cost for us hence the £5 admin fee for each number request.
cheers
Rich
paxy
Grafter

Hi
2 questions....
(1) I have opted for BT paperless billing.  Are you happy to accept the PDF they supply as evidence?
(2) On my BT line I have a call sign number (which provides a different ring tone on my BT line).  I assume I can use this as my choice for number.
Thanks!
albany
Grafter

Fab.  Was only asking about this a few weeks back since I knew Gradwell could do it.
When I moved house a year or so ago, I couldn't move my number with BT (even though it's only about 5 miles away) so ported it to VOIP and use VOIP as my main phone line.
I haven't been using PlusNet for that because I couldn't set the outgoing CLI - now I can.
Only question, the number I'll want to use is solely with a VOIP provider.  I'll have trouble getting something with my address on and the number although I can show a config screen with the number on.  Will that be enough?.
paxy
Grafter

Can anyone answer my question or should I just raise a ticket?
Thanks
albany
Grafter

Paxy,
On 1) Not done it yet with PlusNet but have used that type of evidence sucessfully with other VOIP providers.
On 2)  can't see this is hugely different in principle from the main number but I guess you might need to raise a ticket to check.  Although these forums seem pretty actively monitored by PlusNet staff so hopefully they'll jump in and clear it up.
Don't yet know whether my request without a normal paper bill will work.  Should know in a couple of days I guess.
prichardson
Grafter

Hi paxy, in the case of BT paperless billing, the original PDF will be fine. I can appreciate this may include more detail than we require and may not be to taste, but I am not aware of a means of separating it to different files. I suppose we could accept a screenshot, but this will need further investigation with the policy makers.
albany, does your VoIP provider not supply a invoice containing these details?
albany
Grafter

Phil,
The invoice doesn't have the phone numbers on it.  I've put in an invoice with my address and a corresponding screen shot from the account management interface which shows the active numbers.  Hoping that will do.  The two documents tie together via the account ID.