cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My free minutes

tangey
Grafter

My free minutes

I apologise in advance if these are really basic or stupid questions but I couldn't find the answers.
My package provides me with 240 free minutes. Are those free mins that I can use to call anywhere, include international ?
Also if I am overseas and hooked up to a wifi account and registered to my SIP account with my mobile phone, if someone calls me on the physical number that I got allocated when I signed up for the broandband phone account, do I incur anycharges ?
Regards
Ian
3 REPLIES
tangey
Grafter

Re: My free minutes

My apologies, just saw another post asking the same question and the reply was that free mins could be used on 01/02/03 numbers only.
Community Veteran

Puddy is the expert on this.
Quote from: puddy
If I go to my dads place in spain I can use his router (wired or wireless) using my Nokia N95.  So calls back to the UK are free anywhere in the world.  In addition if anybody calls my Plusnet number my Nokia N95  will ring in Spain and in the UK but nobody will pay international call rates.  So I could be anywhere in the world. I can make calls anywhere I can get an unsercured network  to log on to i.e trains airports, cafes that let you have internet connection (Macdonalds)or any un-secured account my nokia can find.  I don't even need a computer to make calls just take my nokia phone with me for voip calls.

This is from this topic http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,67430.16.html#quickreply post #26
I also use skype when I am travelling overseas, have you tried it?
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: tangey
Also if I am overseas and hooked up to a wifi account and registered to my SIP account with my mobile phone, if someone calls me on the physical number that I got allocated when I signed up for the broandband phone account, do I incur anycharges ?

No the caller will just pay normal UK rates  or out of their free minutes  They won't even know where you are
Dont forget sip to sip calls do not come out of your free minutes,
as for 0870/0845 number they cost up to 7p per minute log on to www.saynoto0870.com and usally they will have a standard number to try instead.  I always use it now
puddy