cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My VoIP account seems to have disappeared

Community Veteran

My VoIP account seems to have disappeared

Today I thought I'd set about adding Fring and our Plusnet SIP account to my mother's iPhone so she can make cheap mobile calls at weekends. However, I needed to get our SIP account number etc., so thought I'd log in to the VoIP portal and... I can't. At first I thought perhaps I'd changed my password, so I tried the forgotten password link, entered my e-mail address... and not even that's recognised: it says it can't find my details. Assuming I haven't changed the associated e-mail address and completely forgotten about it, it would therefore appear that my VoIP account has mysteriously vanished since I last accessed it, which will have been some time ago.
Except, I'm not sure it is so mysterious. It has occurred to me that in the meantime, I've changed from Broadband Your Way to Value, and considering all the various other problems that caused, it wouldn't surprise me if it knocked out my VoIP account too for some reason. However, I'm particularly concerned because I should have had some unused credit on my VoIP account, which was carried over from the old PlusTalk service (the last chargeable call I made was 26th December 2007). How much I do not know; it would have been less than £5 (as that's how much I topped up by if I recall correctly), but that doesn't mean I'll be particularly pleased with Plusnet if I find that, along with the VoIP account, that unused credit has also vanished. Could someone therefore look in to this please?
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: My VoIP account seems to have disappeared

Could I please get some assistance with this from PN, without having to wait for James to return and without having to resort to raising a ticket?
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Thomas, if you're wanting some assistance with your account then raising a ticket is exactly what you should be doing!
I'll take a quick look at your account now and see if I can spot where things have gone wrong...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Veteran

Bob, with all due respect, the ticket system is largely pointless for unusual queries like this. Ok, perhaps the agents who deal with VoIP know what they're doing, but the majority of my recent experiences with the ticket system tell me that it's normally a waste of time, and asking on the forums is far more conducive to getting things sorted. Hence my query here, and I am grateful that you're looking in to it.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The CSC agents who deal with VoIP tickets know a lot more than me to be honest! Wink
I've had a look at your account and I can't figure out what's happened. The account is cancelled in Gradwell's system with the timestamp 2009-04-06 15:55:35 which doesn't seem to coincide with anything on your Plusnet account. Chances are we're going to need to send you another activation email so you can register another account. Alternatively one of the CSC folk might know a way that we can reinstate the old account. There's £1.70's worth of credit on the account that we can refund or add to the new/reactivated account I'd imagine.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Community Veteran

Right, thanks for that. I'll raise a ticket then with the information you've managed to find and hope that someone in the CSC can work some magic.
Edit: forgot to mention that the 6th is my billing date, so I wonder if that can shed any light on what happened.
Community Veteran

Sigh, the ticket system really is frustrating. I tried raising a ticket straight to the agents who deal with VoIP, but that was impossible because the annoying 'help assistant' gave me no option to do so; all but a couple of the the links in the assistant were merely to support pages. The only VoIP-related tickets the assistant would allow me were very specific things like topping up credit or changing my outgoing number - hardly applicable here.
So I used the tiny 'ask a question' link on the right hand side, thinking that might notice my position in the help assistant and assign the ticket to the correct pool, but it hasn't done so: it's just stuck it in 'general questions'. This was over twelve hours ago now, and despite Plusnet's current customer support statistics saying the current average closure time is just over five hours, my ticket's not even been looked at. Because it's presumably in the wrong pool, I'm guessing that it needs to be moved to the correct pool before I have any hope of it being looked in to, so can I ask a member of PN staff to nudge ticket 29584578 in to the correct pool ASAP please.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Don't hold your breath!
Issue raised:-
7:49am, Friday 31st July 2009

Issue passed to correct department:-
3:02pm, Monday 3rd August 2009

First response:-
5:25pm, Monday 3rd August 2009

All of this, despite one telephone call and a couple of mentions in the forums...
I make that about an 81 hour response time Shocked Shocked

Community Veteran

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to avoid!
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Crucibleofevil! was your ticket a fault report by any chance?
@Be3G, I'll take a look at your ticket now...
Edit: now done, your ticket's sat with the relevant department now. I think this ticket pool gets checked three or four times a day...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Community Veteran

Cheers Bob.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Well - my ticket was a speed fault.
So it wasn't a loss of connection - but still a fault.
It has since been improved - but I'm now in the bad noise margin doldrums.