cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for remote call forwarding to PSTN. Price? Reliability?

Dizzley
Grafter

Looking for remote call forwarding to PSTN. Price? Reliability?

I've been a PlusNet broadband customer for quite a while.
Now, I'm looking to set up a geographical number (01...) for my local church, so I can choose to auto-forward calls (at a charge I guess) to any PSTN (even mobile).
Is there a PN product that fits the bill?
How would it work?
Failing that - any other ideas?
Pete.
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: Looking for remote call forwarding to PSTN. Price? Reliability?

The standard broadband phone will allow you to have an allocated 01 number.
You can use the voip control panel to set up a facility to divert unanswered calls to any number.
Would that be sufficient ?
Community Veteran

You might also want to look at the Siemens Gigaset IP range, I believe you can set up call divert on the voip line.
Here's the latest low cost version http://gigaset.com/shc/0,1935,hq_en_0_160891_rArNrNrNrN,00.html
Dizzley
Grafter

Yeah, the dual VoiP/landline handsets look very good. But I want to be able to send calls to someone else when I'm not around.
I've tried the phone control panel at https://voip.plus.net and set a divert number up, but, it still goes to voicemail. Have I missed something?
Community Veteran

Ok, I've never actually tried the divert on the voip control panel but I guess you need to ensure that your voicemail time is greater than the divert time.
I believe the Gigaset dual handsets will do that. Here's the link for the manual for the A580IP.
http://shc-download.siemens.com/repository/1661/166158/A31008-M2013-R601-1-TE43_17-11-2008_en_Intern...
Check out page 132. You can have 2 calls active on your voip account so think it is possible for the A580 to dial another number using using your PlusNet account when diverting an incoming call. If not then you could always get a second voip account say with Sipgate and use that account for all diverted calls. The A580 can register up to 6 sip accounts concurrently so that shouldnt be a problem.
Once you've setup the call forwarding from the web interface you can activate/deactivate it from the handset.
I have a C475IP at home, and whilst I havent used the call forwarding, the phone works great for both voip and landline. I default mine to voip for outgoing calls during the week ( when BT charge me ) and then change the default ( from the handset ) at the weekend when my BT calls are free.
Hope that helps...
Dizzley
Grafter

Quote from: MisterW
Once you've setup the call forwarding from the web interface you can activate/deactivate it from the handset.
Hope that helps...

That's just what I want. What do you send to deactivate it? * * somethingHuh
Community Veteran

Difficult to explain in words but look at pages 55 & 56 of the manual.
Not sure whether my previous link worked directly for the manual but this should give you a list or the various manuals for the A580 http://gigaset.com/shc/0,1935,hq_en_0_160891_rArNrNrNrN_variation%253A-5_pageType%253Amanuals_imageP...
You want the full version ( in English i guess! )
paxy
Grafter

Do the forwarded calls come out of the allowance for 01 numbers?
Community Veteran

Yes, I would expect so , as I guess it would make an outgoing call on your voip account.