Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking For A Handset

bone
Grafter

Looking For A Handset

Hi any help would be great Smiley
Im after a (preferably) wireless solution. A reasonably priced handset to use for making both voip and landline calls. I am new to voip but I have got a few free minutes with my account so I may as well use them Smiley Something that will work straight away without having to hack and mess about with it other than entering my account details etc into it.
Im using X-lite at the minute but would prefer a handset, I suppose even a usb one would be a start LOL
TIA
6 REPLIES
m5systems

Re: Looking For A Handset

i can thoroughly recommend the siemens c460 / 450 IP set - i bought one for under £100 that included the base station and 2 handsets as a DECT system.
its compatible with plus nets free VOIP, is a DECT system, looks and works well and best of all (or i think) neither of the handsets have to be near a phone socket - whack the stand alone base unit near an ethernet port from your router and into the phoneline (odds on that will be there too in order to connect the ADSL with the router / modem) and then the handsets can be plugged into power anywhere and have great signal strength.
ive been getting excellent support from other members on here after a few problems with new configs so consider it tried, tested and decent support from other members!

dan
bone
Grafter

Thanks for that it sounds like that will do the trick for me Smiley
Ill do a search for a retailer.
Mozilla

Bone,
I recently bought the Siemens S685 IP from Ligo. Though not cheap, I would definitely recommend them as they are packed with features!
Not sure exactly what the difference is between S685 and C460/450 though!
m5systems

i got mine from provu in a bundle with 2 handsets, i think there is a cheaper set with just 1 handset if you prefer. i think i paid £80-something but dont quote me.
let me know if you get stuck and i'll dig out the old orders etc to track down the right details

dan
bone
Grafter

thanks for all teh info guys I really do appreciate it Smiley Money is a bit tight at the moment LOL.
I take it the ones like you can buy at Argos and Amazon that say Skype on them (like the netgear SPH200D) are didicated to Skype?
Cheers
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Mozilla
Bone,
Not sure exactly what the difference is between S685 and C460/450 though!

The difference is how many VoIP accounts you can setup  the Siemens 460 only has VoIP 1 account
I have a Siemens dect 460 and it’s a great phone but the Siemens VoIP have another trick up its sleeve you can call any other Siemens dect ip phone free of charge (config/setup)
puddy