cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linksys SPA 2100 Phone Adaptor Set Up - Help - Post Closed:

runawaymouse

Linksys SPA 2100 Phone Adaptor Set Up - Help - Post Closed:

Hi,
Having bought this phone adaptor [ SPA 2100 ] last week, I 've been unsuccessful in configuring the Plusnet VOIP service. Using  [http://192.168.1.1] to configure the adaptor firmware script. Have also updated the firmware version from 3.2.5 to 3.3.6.
Alas, no response !  The adaptor powers up ok, but refuses to enable the two phone ports ? I would be grateful if anybody who has had the same experience and has managed to resolve this particular issue to share their success with me please  Undecided
Phil H
21 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: Linksys SPA 2100 Phone Adaptor Set Up - Help/Guidance Required !

You might find this useful http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/SPA-2100.
Note the
Note that the SPA-2100 is shipped with the WAN port disabled by default which is causing people to think that it is not working.

Here http://www.localphone.com/help/devices/linksys/spa2102 is a config guide which should be similar to the Spa2100.
Differences for Plusnet voip are :-
proxy is sip.plus.net
Auth id and User Id are your sip id ( extension no on voip.plus.net control panel )
Password is your sip password
Outbound proxy is natproxy.plus.net:5082
Use outbound proxy is yes
That ought to get you started , post back with results.

Community Veteran

Oh , one more thing , you might want to disable all the G726 codecs as I dont think the Plusnet (Gradwell) system supports them.
runawaymouse

Hello,
Many thanks for your response and information. I have followed your advice and suggestions from the two websites that you have advised but unfortunately, I'm still having the same problems as before ?  Sad
I'm starting to believe that it could be a simple case of equipment failure or perhaps the advertised "unlocked" state is actually the opposite ?
Phil H
Community Veteran

We need to check that your PlusNet voip account is actually working.
There has been a couple of instances recently of new accounts not working properly.
Have you ever used it with a Softphone ?
If not you , could either download SjPhone and use the PlusNet guide to set it up OR give CSC a call and they should be able to test your account.
There's probably not much more we can do until we know your account is definitely ok.

runawaymouse

Hi,
Raised technical query ticket with PN today concerning config' problems. Uploaded full Linksys SPA 2100 config' script to PN for their deliberation and hopefully, recommendations and corrections.  Grin
Will use the Softphone programme later, awaiting delivery of USB phone to arrive. Will post PN recommendations once they become available, as I feel sure, that there will be a lot of interest shown for the Linksys SPA 2100 Adaptor configuration.

Phil H
Community Veteran

Have CSC checked your account to see if its working ?
This thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,71823.0.html shows another occurrence of a faulty account setup.
runawaymouse

Hi,
I have now received the following reply from PN CSC refering to my raised technical ticket 27577649, is as follows:

"We are pleased to be able to inform you that a member of our Customer Support Centre has now escalated your Question [number  27577649 ] for further investigation.
The following comment was added to the Question Dear Mr ********, I am afraid we cannot provide support for third party routers. Please test using SJ Phone. If you have any more questions please get in touch 24/7, either by our contact number 0114 296 5198 or through our assistant on our website."  Shocked
http://help.plus.net
Kind regards,
PN CSC

To say the least, I'm disappointed with this reply. It really means that you are on your own with this one ! 
On a more positive note, I have made plans to install SJ phone. Not too sure where to go with the SPA 2100 phone adaptor issue though ?  Perhaps, there is an answer out there somewhere ?
Phil H
Community Veteran

TBH its very difficult for CSC to know about all the variuos voip kit. I would have thought that they would have least have checked your account with SjPhone though!!
My guess is that you have an account problem. Once you've checked it with SjPhone that will prove one way or the other and if it doesnt work then CSC will get your account sorted and then we can get back to sorting your SPA2100. I'm sure we can get it working.
Hang on in there , dont get dispirited..
Community Veteran

Just a thought. You realise that you dont need to wait for your USB phone to check the account with SjPhone ?.
Just download it and configure as the PlusNet guide, when it registers with the PlusNet server it will show 'registered' on the display. ( Ok  so you cant make calls without a sound device but so what , it will prove whether your account is working!!)
If it doesnt register then at least you will be able to tell CSC that it doesnt and then they will investigate your account.
If it does register ok then we need to look in more details at your SPA2100 config.
Hope that helps
nsa11

I've just had a very similar problem with a Zoom 5801, I finally got it working BUT it appears that I needed to wait for several hours after the account was setup for it to actually work properly with ATA equipment. SO I setup another on my home account and got exactly the same problem - it seems that if you enable the account then wait a few days it works first time.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: runawaymouse
Have also updated the firmware version from 3.2.5 to 3.3.6.
Phil H

Did you do a hardware re-set on the device when updating the firmware?  If not dont for the time being
Puddy
runawaymouse

Hi Puddy,
Did not carry out hardware re-set; only the firmware was rebooted after saving changes in the linksys 2100 configuration script.
Do you have a personal recommendation for which Linksys ATA is suitable/success using Plusnet Voip service ?  What about SPA3102, I read, that you have posted configuration settings for this particular model.
Phil H
Community Veteran

There is no reason that the SPA2100 shouldn't work with Plusnet once we've established that your account is ok.
Have you tried your account with SjPhone yet ?
runawaymouse

Hi Mister W,
Update on the linksys SPA 2100 - I have now successfully configured the SJPhone programme, using  headset equipment. Pleased with the result and my account is now enabled and registered with PN.
Alas, the same cannot be said with the Linksys SPA 2100 ATA. I now believe/think  that the actual adaptor in defaulted to a specific voip provider such as Vonage ? Although, it was advertised as being "unlocked" ?
Now considering / researching other Linksys ATA models.
Phil H