cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linksys PAP2T - Would you recommend it ?

TBird1
Dabbler

I have PN Boroadband Phone service and am thinking of getting one of these for home use. The analogue phone that will be connected through this will be for use by non-tech family members who during the day I would like to use VOIP and during the evening Analogue.
Reason for choosing the PAPT2 at this time is (1) Price v Function and (2) recognised brand. At this time I'm not too up on the technical pro's/con's to be able to choose between this and other similarly priced systems so would be interested to hear from anybody that's been down this road already.
Thanks
ps
My main router is a D-Link DIR-655
2 REPLIES
puddy
Grafter

Re: Linksys PAP2T - Would you recommend it ?

Quote from: TBird1
Reason for choosing the PAPT2 at this time is (1) Price v Function and (2) recognised brand.

Be careful here the Linksys brand may not seem all it should be.  The US Navy found all their Linksys equipment they brought was actually counterfeit goods from China.
Most Linksys PAP2 NA were made for a phone company called Vonage, that why you see ads on eBay that state unlocked.  Vonage locked the PAP2 to their network like mobile phone companies do, so they are in fact stolen.  You could find if you do a factory reset the adapter will re-lock itself to Vonage.  That’s why eBay sellers say unlocked forever.
But for £15 take a chance I did
puddy
Community Veteran

Re: Linksys PAP2T - Would you recommend it ?

I have one and has been trouble free since I got it, I did look at the mainly Hong Kong ones on Ebay but opted for a U.K version one from broadband buyer for £30