cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of Credit

Docrob
Grafter

Lack of Credit

I have as part of my Business package any time 480 which allows up to 480 mins of calls to 01, 02, 03 numbers. This afternoon I received an email  saying my phone had gone off line, 45 mins later I got an email saying that my phone was cut off due to a lack of credit. Checking the account I find a charge of 5p has been added to make it -0.05 but all calls are shown as 0.00. As I could not make calls to chargeable numbers (0845 etc) I do not understand where this came from.
OK I thought I will pay the 5p, but no I can't the min is £5, so I am faced with paying £5 or wait until plus net sort this out (I called business support at 15;37 - the phone is still off) or pay £5 and wait for 12 hours for the credit to get into the system and the phone back on line and this is a line I use for business.
43 REPLIES
paxy
Grafter

Re: Lack of Credit

I have also been bombarded with low credit messages over the last couple of days (I know I am low and don't mind as I only use inclusive calls which are still working fine).
They say:  This email is to let you know that you've run out of call credit.
Until you top-up your credit, you'll only be able to make included and emergency calls
I don't understand why I don't just get one email - but 5 since 29th!
Shocked
Docrob
Grafter

Just has another one ( 19:39) looks like every 2 hours - phone is not working though - it is accepting incoming though
Docrob
Grafter

Support came back and said:
" Your service will not be offline due to a lack of credit. The service is designed and operates on a basis that no credit will allow receipt of calls and allow you to make calls that are included in the package."
That is not true the phone was offline and was not allowing any calls out. I called support and was told that I would have to pay the 5p but the system says min payment must be £5. This smacks of the banks system of charging you £30 to tell you you were 50p overdrawn.
I tried calling again and got a very helpful person who agreed that the -5p should not have happened in the 1st place and cleared it. The phone is now working again I can call 01, 02 and 03 numbers, which is all I want it to do. I am still getting the lack of credit mails though, is there any way to turn them off? 
paxy
Grafter

I am 37p in debit and have been for years - and now cannot make inclusive calls either.  Ticket raised.  Come on plusnet, what have you changed?Huh
paxy
Grafter

Nudge - support  Cry
Any chance of having a look at ticket 34072624
Thanks  Wink
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: Docrob
I am still getting the lack of credit mails though, is there any way to turn them off? 

Should be able to if your log on to your accout at voip.plus.net and select Credit and Minutes
Low Credit Warning

When your available credit for VoIP calls falls below this value, any call made on your account will generate an email warning to your primary account email address . If this option is left blank or set to zero, no warnings will ever be sent.
paxy
Grafter

Yep - thanks for that itsme
My question from plusnet (apart from the fact my ticket has not been addressed and I still cannot make ANY calls) is that I only need one reminder that I am low on credit (and not one every few hours :-) )  I have been low in credit for about 2 years since someone form support tried something on my account and decided to phone a mobile to test it  Shocked
Something has changed in the last few days to cause multiple emails and cause my account to stop making inclusive calls....
paxy
Grafter

Does anyone from support still come here?
Any chance of having a look at ticket 34072624
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: paxy
Does anyone from support still come here?

Not seen anybody from Plusnet here
I pm bob hopefully he will look in on us
Puddy
paxy
Grafter

ok - so now I have worked out that I have the same problem as Docrob.
I can also confirm that the system has changed last week and that it is NOT working the way plusnet support have described to us.  i.e. " Your service will not be offline due to a lack of credit. The service is designed and operates on a basis that no credit will allow receipt of calls and allow you to make calls that are included in the package."
In my case the debit was caused by support making test calls on my account when I had a another problem!  It has taken support 4 days to get to this point.  I have now asked them to write off the 37p debit they caused as they did for Docrob.
I have had a 37p debit almost since inception and it is only in the last few days something has been 'corrected'.
It seems that suppprt are still not aware of what voip is or what has changed which is a real shame.
If bob comes by then ticket 34072624 still needs some input of common sense  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

If bob comes by then ticket 34072624 still needs some input of common sense

I too would like an explanation of why this is happening.
My account has always been very low on credit and as I only use inclusive minutes it's never been a problem.
My understanding, like the others here, was that credit was not required for inclusive calls.
See here http://www.plus.net/support/phone/broadband_phone/billing_accountmanagement.shtml
Our Broadband Phone products (apart from PAYG) offer a number of included minutes. All other calls require call credit

which implies that inclusive calls do NOT require credit.
paxy
Grafter

ok - plusnet have been kind enough to bring me back into credit by 10p.  I think the questions support need to address are:
- What did the policy change on 1st July preventing inclusive calls being made if there was no credit?Huh
- Why have the support pages & low credit emails & support staff not been updated to reflect this?
- How can I stop chargeable calls being made on my account so the same situation does not arise (it does not seem to be possible to set the maximuim daily spend to 0.01).
It's a shame because the voip service has been working for an extended time without fuss and without incident - and then it looks like a planned change has been made by plusnet without being thought through or communicated...
thehatman
Grafter

Same problem here. Since July 1st I can't make calls.  I have no credit and don't intend to add any. I'm only interested in using the included free voip service.  Thing is, it always used to work with a zero balance. Now it doesn't.  Plusnet helpdesk unaware when I called up from landline and explained.
Frustrating.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Plusnet helpdesk unaware when I called up from landline and explained.

C'mon Comms ( sorry Digital Care ) team, someone please pick this up and tell us what is going on!!
or at least acknowledge that someone is looking into it ...