cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its stopped working

pint
Grafter

Its stopped working

For almost two months now i have been unable to use my plusnet Voip account to make outgoing calls.
And each time i try and use it i keep getting an e-mail saying that i have run out of credit, despite the fact that over a month has passed since i last made an outgoing call.
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: Its stopped working

As you have no credit you are not able to make any ( even included minutes ) calls. The system was modified last month to avoid the bug ( feature ! ) which allowed included calls to be made with no credit.
Check out this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,87160.0.html
Here's the main gist of the reason in a reply on that thread from Chris ( PlusNet )
OK, I've been speaking about this today and Gradwell issued a fix for a problem recently which was allowing people to make included calls on a 0 or negative balance. This shouldn't have been happening and there needs to be credit on your account for calls to be made.
We're getting the emails updated to ensure that they are corrected too.
I'll go through the people who've posted on this thread and add a small credit if you're not too much past £0. For anyone else affected that has a small negative or 0 balance, raise a ticket FAO VoIP team and we'll apply a small credit to allow you to use your included calls. This will only be a one-off as the system is working as it was designed to.

You need to either raise a ticket as indicated above to get a small credit back or actually put some credit on your account.
pint
Grafter

As you have no credit you are not able to make any ( even included minutes ) calls. The system was modified last month to avoid the bug ( feature ! ) which allowed included calls to be made with no credit.

I have 240 minutes of inclusive calls weather or not i have any credit for non inclusicve stuff is completly irrelavent.
Community Veteran

It's not irrelevant, it's part of our ToS with Gradwell. However, I've added 50p to your account so please have another go and let us know if you have any problems.
thehatman
Grafter

Ben, please can you do the same for me? Same problem. I don't ever buy credit. I only want the free service, but it doesn't work anymore (no credit emails).
Username is hatboy.
thehatman
Grafter

Come on PlusNet. I'm forced to run up a bigger bill on the landline because of this. Could you please enable my broadband phone?  This is a real nuisance and has gone on for days now.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: pint
I have 240 minutes of inclusive calls weather or not i have any credit for non inclusicve stuff is completly irrelavent.

Which is my understanding on how plusnet voip worked until changed by plusnet a few months ago without plusnet telling us i.e deleting the 50p credit
Quote from: Ben
It's not irrelevant, it's part of our ToS with Gradwell. However, I've added 50p to your account so please have another go and let us know if you have any problems.

it may be part of plusnet TOS with Gradwell but our TOS with plusnet was that we would get free voip minutes every month
so ben the question is why has it been changed the old system worked well for most (50p credit) of us and can it be changed back?
puddy
Community Veteran

@thehatman
Done, please bear in mind that the Digital Care Team work Monday - Friday so any requests out of normal office hours may go un-answered for a while.
@puddy
We didn't delete anyone's credit. We add 50p of credit to every VoIP account that's created to allow usage of the inclusive minutes. Some people used up this credit making non-inclusive calls but a bug allowed them to continue making inclusive calls after this credit was used up. Gradwell fixed that bug which then stopped those people from making inclusive calls. We can't change anything back because the system is now working as intended.
keithanderson
Dabbler

Ben - Please help! My sj softphone was working perfectly for months and then it stopped working 2/3 months ago. I've spent time on the phone to tech support without any success. I think it may be the same problem as on this post. I have a monthly service so surely the out of credit notice should not be sent. The message "NAT/Firewall: Port Restricted Cone NAT" is showing on the softphone and the message "Call rejected 503 no live destinations (dispatch)" appears when I try to make a call. Please help.
Community Veteran

@keithanderson
You don't have the same problem as previously reported but I've had a tinker so please try again and let us know the results.
keithanderson
Dabbler

Ben - Thanks for getting back to me. I've just tried to make a call and get the following message "Call rejected: 603 Declined". I am still getting the "NAT/Firewall: Port Restricted Cone NAT" message when i hit the info tab on the softphone.
I'm going to swap the router for the Dlink originally sent out (we've recently moved and had to use a different router, but have now found the old one).
Community Veteran

Hmmmm, looks like this one is past me. I've asked Martin to take a look at this thread as he's our resident VoIP guru. I think he's in later today, but he works a shift pattern so may take a few days to get back to you.
keithanderson
Dabbler

It didn't make any difference changing the router (I still got the "Call rejected: 503 no live destinations" message when I tried to call) so I have changed back to the netgear router. I have been trying to get this resolved for a long time now and I would appreciate a call from somebody.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

I've had success in the past diagnosing voip issues using X-lite rather than Sjphone. X-Lite has much better diagnostics logging.
Using that might give a better indication of where your 503/603 is coming from. You can download it here http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite.html
keithanderson
Dabbler

Thanks Mr. W, I'll give that a try in the morning if I haven't heard from Martin by then.