cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its stopped working, again. i thohgt this was fixed? minutes not added/working

pint
Grafter

Its stopped working, again. i thohgt this was fixed? minutes not added/working

My broadband phone account has, yet again stopped working and i think its the same problem that for some reason has not been fixed,
As part of my internet package form plusnet i get 240 minutes to use on plusnet broadband phone, about a week ago i got the usual message saying that ive run out of credit (ie ive used my minutes up ) so i have left it for a while, as when my bill is due to be paid the call credits( 240 minutes)  for the next month are added.
So ive loged into my account via http://voip.plus.net/login and this is what it says
Account balance £-0.02, how does it get a minus balance on inclusive minutes, when the balance was zero to start with, you cant take nothing away from something that isn't there
Inclusive minutes
(package)  Broadband phone 240, inclusive minutes: 240:00:00
so its been topped up, apparently ive got 240 minutes of inclusive calls, why cant i use them?
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: Its stopped working, again. i thohgt this was fixed? minutes not added/working

about a week ago i got the usual message saying that ive run out of credit (ie ive used my minutes up )

You don't get a message when your inclusive minutes are used, the message is when your account has run out of credit. Your last call must have been chargeable ( i'e you'd exhausted your minutes ) and thus your credit has gone. Now the bad news, sometime ago Gradwell 'fixed a bug' and changed things a little. You can now not even make calls with your included minutes if your credit is zero ( or below ), that was nice of them!. The only way to get your account to make calls is to put some credit back on it , or get a nice digital care person to put a nominal amount of credit back on it!!
pint
Grafter

Re: Its stopped working, again. i thohgt this was fixed? minutes not added/working

Inclusiove minutes should be inclusive of whatever credit is there.
I only intend to use the inclusive minutes and therefore i do not want to add any credit to the service, why should i have to pay £5 for something that is included with my subscription?
Community Veteran

I quite agree, I also only use voip with the included minutes.
There have been a couple of threads relating to this issue
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,88012.0.html
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,92054.0.html
but the official response from PlusNet seems to be that this is how it was supposed to work.
You might try dropping Martin Dean a PM to see if he will reset your credit to the nominal 50p.
pint
Grafter

Its still not working.
when the minutes run out that should be it, theres obviously some problem somewhere if its not letting you dial out when you've go 240 minutes worth of credit/allowance on the account.
Community Veteran

As I understand it Included minutes and account credit are two different things. What I believe happens is that the Gradwell system will not allow you to make any outgoing calls if your account credit is <= 0.
It only checks to see if the call would use any included minutes ( probably ) after the call is complete, when it is updating the call charges. 
pint
Grafter

Theres obviously a major bug in the system if it wont let you make calls despite being 240 minutes in credit.
I sent a support request/ticket via the help assistant on Saturday, and so far ive not heard anything back.
is this time span normal?
Community Veteran

is this time span normal?

It does appear so recently...
johpal
Grafter

@pint - Have you contacted Martin Dean, as MisterW suggested in post #4? I believe he has correctly identified you problem. You may not agree with the way the system works, but if VoIP is so important to you, isn't it worthwhile putting a nominal amount on your account?
Should you choose to leave PN at some point in the future, you will receive a refund.
pint
Grafter

All fixed now, account credit back up to zero