cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International call cut short (but not charged either!)

snj
Grafter

International call cut short (but not charged either!)

Hi,
Having only just joined the trial I haven't used it much yet, but I placed a call to a Paris landline earlier this evening (although 00338 rather than 00331).  The call was cut off after a couple of minutes and I ended up using my BT line for the remainder of the call.
I'm prepared to believe that maybe I have a setting wrong in my pap2 ata somewhere; I have been playing with the settings all evening so can't be sure exactly what they were so I'll persevere with that, but I noticed that the call hasn't appeared in the unbilled section.
I'll experiment more tomorrow but I suspect free international calls weren't meant to be a part of the deal :-)
Oh, my pap2 was set up in about a minute once I received the email with the details in, inbound and outbound calls worked out of the box and call clarity seems fine so far.
Simon.

3 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: International call cut short (but not charged either!)

Hi Simon,
I suspect that theres a couple of things happening here...
1. The call should of appeared and you should of been charged for it. Please could you PM me with the full details of the call. i.e. the time of the call, the length of the call (when it cut off) & the full number you dialled. Also, where you able to speak to the recipient of the call or was there distinct one way audio throughout?
2. Judging from other trial users PAP2 devices can be a bit fiddly - please can you post your setup and PAP2 settings as I suspect that there may be something wrong with NAT, codec or your dial plan. Remember to encrypt (*) any personal information.
cheers
Rich
snj
Grafter

I've sent you a PM with the details of the call that should have been charged for.
As far as the PAP3 settings go, as I said I've been fiddling with them so can't guarantee that what they are now precisely reflects what they were last night.  However, I followed the instructions from the Gradwell site for the PAP2 ATA, for which I found a link on this site.
I'll try again this evening and see if I get the same results.
RichSmol
Grafter

2. Yes, please give the new device settings a try. If your still having issues then please post your settings/advanced settings for me to have a look at.

1. I've raised a case with Gradwell to get this looked into - seems a strange one to me but not one I can give an answer to. The only possible thing I can think of is that international calls are subject to a varying wholesale cost - i.e. a call can be routed over a number of different networks which incur different costs. For that reason we're presented with a max & min call cost, with that in mind there may be some processing time involved to work that cost out so at the moment the call cost is unconfirmed and quarantined in a certain area before being released to yourself.
Just a thought though and probably not the official reason!....I'll get confirmation on that.
Cheers
Rich