cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls automatically terminate after 1 minute 28 seconds

pnf
Grafter

Incoming calls automatically terminate after 1 minute 28 seconds

Early in the trial I reported that all incoming calls to my VOIP phone were terminated after 1 minute 28 seconds.  I haven’t received any feedback regarding this so I thought I would carry out further tests in the hope that it had been fixed.  However, the problem still occurs and so for each incoming call I watched the event log in my router to see if it gave any clues, the results are as follows:
For each incoming call the following events were logged:
Timestamp +0min +00sec VOIP: recv INVITE
Timestamp +0min +00sec VOIP: send 180 Ringing
Timestamp +0min +07sec VOIP: send 200 OK
Timestamp +0min +07sec VOIP: recv ACK
Timestamp +1min +07sec VOIP: send INVITE
Timestamp +1min +07sec VOIP: receive 422 Session Timer too small
Timestamp +1min +07sec VOIP: send ACK
Timestamp +1min +35sec VOIP: send BYE
Exactly 1 minute after the “VOIP: receive ACK” message is received, the “VOIP: receive 422 Session Timer too small” message is received, and then 28 seconds later the “VOIP: send BYE” message is received and the call is terminated. 
This pattern is repeated for each incoming call.  Does this give any clues about what needs to be done to fix the problem?
Is the 1 minute interval between the first ACK and the 422 message significant?  My router registers ever 28 seconds and there are always 28 seconds between the 422 message and the BYE message.
Any thoughts?
I use a Speedtouch 780WL router and a cordless DECT phone.  The event log is attached.
33 REPLIES
Ianwild
Grafter

Re: Incoming calls automatically terminate after 1 minute 28 seconds

We'll get this logged with the supplier tomorrow (when Rich is back off his hols).
Ian
pnf
Grafter

Thanks Ian.
RichSmol
Grafter

I've been in touch with Gradwell at great lengths about this as its happened for a couple of other trial users - your instance now confirms that it is a problem with the Speedtouch 780WL router.
The speedtouch routers are very strange devices in that some will work fine on the SER/OpenSER servers and others need the support of Asterisk to handle the audio. To fix the problem I need to direct you through one of Gradwell centrex account servers (you'll still be using a single line account - nothing will change).
Please use lon-pbx-12.gradwell.net server instead of sip2.plus.net and this should solve the problem. If it doesnt, get back to me with the details of what happened next then Gradwell can trace the call and do some further diagnostics. Please note that calls to 160 will only last 1minute 20 seconds anyway as default so please try any geographic or mobile number to test. Another interesting item to note, Speedtouch 780WL devices are SIP aware, and as such should not be configured to use the outbound NAT proxy server so please remove any settings relating to outbound NAT.
Let me know how you get on....
petermaughan
Grafter

Hello RichSmol,
I recently upgraded to the Speedtouch 780WL router.  I find that I have exactly the same problem reported by pnf.  Would you please take my case on-board as well?
Incidentally, I tried to remove the entries Proxy: nat.plus.net and Proxy port: 5082 but the router wouldn't let me.  (I think that is what you were suggesting in your message to pnf.)  It gave a validation error, saying the Proxy and Proxy port were required entries.
Best wishes,
Peter
RichSmol
Grafter

The first suggestion is the most important so please give that a try before attempting to remove the Proxy settings - the proxy settings seems to be a completely speradic issue not generic to all pieces of kit (frustratingly!)
petermaughan
Grafter

Hello RichSmol,
The Registrar lon-pbx-12.gradwell.net failed to register me, so I have gone back to sip2.plus.net .  Perhaps it wasn't expecting me.
Best wishes,
Peter
pnf
Grafter

Thanks for your suggestion Rich.  I will try it out and let you know how I get on.
pnf
Grafter

I have tried lon-pbx-12.gradwell.net but the router does not register with the service.  I too tried to remove the nat proxy address / port number but the web based user interface would not allow it.  I then tried to use the CLI interface.  The command voice sip config reports the Primary proxy address as nat.plus.net:5082 but I haven't yet been able to change the value of this parameter as I do not know how it should be referred to when used with the voice sip config command.
Do all Speedtouch 780WL routers encounter the problem or only those using a specific version of the firmware? 
The software version on my router is as follows:
Flash image : 6.2.17.5.0
Build name  : ZZOGCT6.2H5
RichSmol
Grafter

Apologies folks, i've passed the details over to Gradwell to shed some light on the situation - i suspect that will have to add your extensions to a white list of sorts so you can connect to this non standard server. I also suspect that Gradwell will give me some advice on the outbound proxy i.e. some instructions to tel-net into the router to make the relevant changes to the outbound proxy.
I'll let you know when i have a response.
RichSmol
Grafter

Gradwell have added your extensions to the white list for the suggested server now. Please give it a go and let me know if you have any further problems registering.
petermaughan
Grafter

'Morning RichSmol,
Yes!  That lon-pbx-12.gradwell.net works for me.  I kept the call open for two minutes 25 seconds.  Does that mean you have identified the problem and will apply a fix to sip2.plus.net?  Or should I keep using lon-pbx-12.gradwell.net?
Many thanks,
Peter
RichSmol
Grafter

continue to use the Gradwell server to connect - this problem is router specific and as such theres no problem on the Gradwell side, probably requires a firmware update to be released by Speedtouch, i'll have a chat with one of our contacts at Speedtouch and see if theres anything they can do for those who have the 780WL but we dont actually sell the Speedtouch routers anymore so its unlikely that i'll get a speedy response.
pnf
Grafter

Rich,
I have now registered with the new server (lon-pbx-12.gradwell.net) and incoming calls are now working fine.  Thanks very much for your help with this.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: RichSmol
continue to use the Gradwell server to connect - this problem is router specific and as such theres no problem on the Gradwell side, probably requires a firmware update to be released by Speedtouch, i'll have a chat with one of our contacts at Speedtouch and see if theres anything they can do for those who have the 780WL but we dont actually sell the Speedtouch routers anymore so its unlikely that i'll get a speedy response.

Can you ask the contact at speedtouch to ask them why the latest firmware update locks up all the voip lights on the speedtouch 716v5 wl.  I e-mailed them twice about this issue and have had no reply
Thanks
Puddy