cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming VoIP calls always give 'unobtainable' tone.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Incoming VoIP calls always give 'unobtainable' tone.

I have activated 'Broadband Phone', and am now trying to get it working using a Nokia E51 handset.
I believe the phone is configured correctly, and the phone says that the service is "Registered".   Smiley
I can make outgoing calls, the destination BT landline shows the correct 'Caller ID', and I have 2-way audio.   Smiley
My router's NAT Active Sessions Table has the following entry -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Private IP :Port #Pseudo Port         Peer IP :Port  Interface
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  192.168.1.51  5060         5060  79.135.125.160  5082    WAN1

Within the account, going to the extension details -
  -  It tells me that the NAT proxy is registered - and all the details are what I would expect.
  -  Voicemail is enabled.
  -  No diverts are configured.
My problem is -
  -  that from a BT landline if I call my geographical VoIP number, it always gives the 'unobtainable' tone.  
  -  calling from another mobile, there is no call progress tones and within a few seconds the call is disconnected.
Presumably because my account has been activated, whether I have a handset registered or not, surely I shouldn't hear the 'unavailable' tone, as either the phone should ring OR go to voicemail after the delay period specified in my account profile ?.
In the account call log, no incoming calls are being recorded -
My Inbound Call Logs
[download range in csv format]
No calls found.

Is this an account configuration issue ?, as I have already had two account problems (No account password sent after activation, and still no 50p introductory credit added to my 'Prepay Credit' yet).

Where do I start ?    Undecided
7 REPLIES
RPMozley
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Incoming VoIP calls always give 'unobtainable' tone.

Sounds to me like the PSTN number isn't being routed correctly or hasn't been set up yet.
How long has it been since it was activated?
Community Veteran

That's what I was thinking - but don't know how to prove it  Sad
The account was set up on the 5th February,
The geographic phone number was assigned on Friday 22nd February.
The email stating "Your account is now ready" arrived also on Friday 22nd February.
RPMozley
Aspiring Pro

Well it should have been ready by now. Have you got an open ticket on this issue yet?
Community Veteran

Not yet !
Firstly, I thought I would ask here on the Forum, because someone might just say 'just do this' and the problem would be solved.
Secondly, because of the very restrictive format of the official ticketing system, I find it easier to compose my issue in the forum format (with pictures, code fragments, hyperlinks, etc), and then open a ticket that refers to the thread.
Thirdly, the ticketing system doesn't seem that great for answering 'Broadband Phone' questions.
  -  My first ticket took more than 7 days before any response.
  -  My next ticket fixed the password problem for me but didn't address why there was a problem in the first place.
  -  My current Broadband Phone simple billing issue ticket has not been responded to yet - nearly three days later.
I will raise a ticket anyway, and then I will be getting input from both customer support and the helpful souls on this forum.   Smiley
[EDIT] Ticket raised @ 23:45 - "Question #66377549" : "average response time of 15 hours 27 minutes 11 seconds for new queries."
RPMozley
Aspiring Pro

Well yes, very true on those points. VoIP department is rarely seen with it been "downgraded" due to Broadband Phone no longer available to new customers.
Hopefully someone on the DCT will pick this up tomorrow and get things going in the right direction.  Smiley
Community Veteran

Quote from: RPMozley
Hopefully someone on the DCT will pick this up tomorrow and get things going in the right direction.  Smiley

I think a reply today was unlikely.  Sad
I'm still waiting for another 'Broadband Phone' ticket to be responded to that I opened over the weekend.  Undecided
Now I have further questions I want to raise but can't due to the four open ticket system limit.  Cry
Yeah I know "Patience is a virtue"  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

I'm getting some progress now  Smiley
My 'Broadband Phone' missing credit issue has now been fully resolved.    Smiley
The ticket relating to this thread (incoming calls always 'unobtainable') is now being investigated -
Thank you for your patience.
I have been able to replicate this issue and we will need to raise this to our suppliers but due to a system issue we are unable to do this at this time.  I will place this ticket on hold until tomorrow so we can attempt to raise this to our suppliers.
Please note that in order to investigate this I needed to reset your password to the details below:

Thanks to the support staff for starting to sort this issue out for meSmiley