Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming - Temporarily Out of Order Message

RayS
Dabbler

Incoming - Temporarily Out of Order Message

Hi
I've just entered the trial.
Outgoing  calls are working fine but incoming from landlines come up with the message " this number is temporarily out of order".
I'm assuming that someone out there (PlusNet/Gradwell) needs to set this up with the telcos.
Ray
14 REPLIES
clergy

Re: Incoming - Temporarily Out of Order Message

Hi - same problem here - been like this since Monday.  Registered here and at plus net / gradwell end but no incoming and very sporadic outgoing - hasn't been resolved today
RayS
Dabbler

... AND, according to the Service Status, they say they had fixed the problem.
Not yet!
My reluctance to use voip as a main form of telecommunication is because it has proved unreliable, and this episode is not altering my opinion.
Until providers get it together and provide a service that is at least as reliable as a normal landline then customers are going to vote with their feet. Even providing a BETA trial there should have been some resilience testing before putting it out to the wider public. In fact the e-mail I received recently intimated that I could expect a reliable service.
Come on PlusNet, in so many areas you're top of the pile but on this one you're not there yet!
Suppose I'll have to wait till Monday before this gets sorted out.
Total_Chaos
Dabbler

The problems of the other day appeared to have been rectified, and I had until I think today a useful phone.  Now when trying to ring my IPT (voip) PSTN number from my PSTN line I get a click and then an English woman's voice that sounds like BT's saying that the number has hung up.  I/ve rebooted my kit, but to no avail. Anyone else seen this problem. Sad
RayS
Dabbler

Just thought I'd mention the extension to enable fault tracing - 6958035@sip2.plus.net
Ray
RichSmol
Grafter

i've passed both these cases over to Gradwell - we've seen a few of these so im guessing theres a batch of numbers not registered. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear anything.
cheers
Rich
RayS
Dabbler

Thanks Rich
It would seem that Gradwell are not applying good business practices if they offer a number that they have not registered or own. Surely they cannot guarantee the number offered unless they have some control/ownership over that number, or am I missing something? I am assuming that if they own the number then it will be already registered to them.
Do you know what the turnaround time for Gradwell to fix the problems?
Thanks
Ray
RayS
Dabbler

Further information from testing.
160 - Response: OK
123 - Response: Call forbiddeen
*1  - Response: Call Declined
Calls to landlines - Response: OK
Calls to VIOP from landline- Response: Temporarily out of order.
Also, can these service issues be raised normally with the usual support system as PlusNet is moving everyone across? Huh
Ray
RichSmol
Grafter

A full service status is being drafted as we speak and will be posted out to all trial users - Gradwell have found problems with a whole bunch of numbers previously hosted by Magrathea which is causing this.
RayS
Dabbler

Magrathea! Ahh, the Hitchhikers Guide strikes again, and I thought they only built luxury custom made planets!
Still, do we know how long it will take to fix the problem? I hope it's less than making a planet as we humans have trouble even building a space station, let alone getting voip to work.
Ray

petergradwell
Grafter

Quote from: RayS
Hi
I've just entered the trial.
Outgoing  calls are working fine but incoming from landlines come up with the message " this number is temporarily out of order".
I'm assuming that someone out there (PlusNet/Gradwell) needs to set this up with the telcos.
Ray

this should now be sorted - but is due to a problem in your phone account not being setup correctly. when did you join the trial?
thanks
peter
RayS
Dabbler

Hi Peter
I joined the trial on the 4th April.
Yes, very nearly everying works.
PSTN incoming and outgoing call through voip  - Response: OK
*1 - Response: OK
160 - Response: OK
123 - Response: Call Forbidden
I'm not bothered by the status of the call to 123 as it's only the speaking clock. Everything that I need works fine.
Should I check anything else?
Thanks
Ray
RichSmol
Grafter

Gradwell have identified a problem with users recently added to the trial - it seems that new users are not being configured correctly on the newsip platform causing this problem to occur. Gradwell are fixing this as we speak and I should have a full update for you all tomorrow morning.
cheers
Rich
RayS
Dabbler

Ah well. I did say itWAS working almosts fully, but alas it's broken again.
This time I'm getting "Registration error: 500 - Server Internal Error".
No changes at this end. I've tried rebooting the BB connection at my end but to no avail. All other BB services working OK and no servoce status messages for voip.
Do you have a problem with the server, or is it just the set up of this account?
Ray
RichSmol
Grafter

Right folks, Gradwell have identified the source of the problem which was due to a scripting error on account creation. This has been fixed now so there shouldnt be anyone left who is still getting this "temporarily out of service" error. If you are, you need to let me know asap on this thread.
cheers
Rich