Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inclusive minutes - definition of the month

wisty
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Inclusive minutes - definition of the month

I was just interested to understand whether the "month" for included minutes was the same dates as my Broadband account.
I presumed it is, but having activated VOIP half way through the broadband month it occurred to me that with Gradwell managing the service (voip.plus.net is a Gradwell owned IP address) that the month might run from the activation date.
Can someone tell me?
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: Inclusive minutes - definition of the month

I believe the 'month' for included minutes is the same as your broadband account. For the first month I think minutes might be applied pro-rata but its so long since I activated my account that I can't remember precisely.
wisty
Aspiring Pro

To close this thread now that my broadband billing month has rolled over.
It appears that if you activate VOIP phone midway through a broadband billing period then the VOIP month runs from the date of activation.
My Broadband usage/billing period runs 224th-23rd, however looking at the VOIP account data the "itemised billing period" runs from the 9th to the 8th. And I activated on or about the 8th. So the two periods are apparently not synchronised.
wisty
Aspiring Pro

I spoke too soon.
When my apparent VOIP billing date 8th rolled round, the free minutes were not reset, in fact they went away. With the help of a ticket (# 29935624) they were restarted on the 11th, so the 11th showed as the billing period end, and sure enough on the 24th (my broadband billing date) the VOIP minutes were not reset, nor on the following 8th. So I assumed that the 11th was now the due date. However on the 11th no refresh.
After raising another ticket (# 30332593) to ask why, I have been told that "your broadband phone minutes are reset on the 24th of each month this is your VoIP billing date." which is also my broadband billing date. So apparently the two should be synchronised.
The ticket remains open (four days and counting) on the question of why the minutes were not therefore reset on the 24th.
If anyone can put a gentle prod into the Broadband Phone CSC team I should be grateful.
James
Grafter

Hi,
I've passed your ticket through to the VoIP team.
wisty
Aspiring Pro

Thanks James.
It seems difficult to raise a ticket that gets put directly into their pool - or am I simply being dim?
James
Grafter

You're probably not.
I'll need to look into the help assistant paths.
wisty
Aspiring Pro

james,
Any chance of getting a larger boot out.
Still no progress or response on ticket 30332593
If they are waiting for the next billing month to see if it refreshes properly, that's fine but tell them to say so.
Regards
James
Grafter

Hi,
This will be picked up shortly.
I'm ever so sorry for the delay.