cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important information regarding your Broadband Phone (VoIP) service.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Important information regarding your Broadband Phone (VoIP) service.

This email is currently being sent to broadband phone customers on the original platform.
Your Username: username
Dear real_name,
You are receiving this email as it contains important information regarding your Broadband Phone service from PlusNet.
If you don't use our Broadband Phone VoIP service then please feel free to disregard the contents of this email.
You may already be aware that we plan to close down our original Broadband Phone service soon. From the beginning of May we will be moving all existing Broadband Phone customers across to our new platform
For most of our Broadband Phone customers, we don’t expect the change to cause any major problems. We have been running the new platform as a trial since November, and we are very confident about its reliability. That said, we fully expect there to be some teething problems that our testing won’t have picked up. We will be working hard to minimise problems and respond quickly to the ones that do crop up throughout the migration process. You can read more about the features and benefits of the new platform here:
http://community.plus.net/blog/2007/11/12/gradwell-the-future-of-broadband-phone/
Migration plan
==
On May 1st we plan to redirect the sip.plus.net address, which is currently used to connect to our original Broadband Phone platform, to point to the new one.
By then, we will have:
- Created an account for you on the new platform (if you haven’t already registered one). This platform will recognise your current Broadband Phone configuration details. This means when we make the change, you are less likely to have to adjust any of your settings.
- Ported your existing phone number to the new platform, but only if you have requested that we do this. See our previous announcement for more details - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,62987.0.html.
Although we’ve tried hard to keep the new system the same as the old one, there are some differences that we’d like to make you aware of:
- Your Broadband Phone package and tariff will stay the same unless you are a user of the "Broadband Phone 120 Evening & Weekends" (this is the standard product for Broadband Your Way Option 2 subscribers). This will become Broadband Phone 120, with 120 Anytime minutes instead of 120 off-peak only minutes.
- When we set-up your account on the new systems you will receive an email containing a unique link. This link allows you to choose your new 01/02 local geographic number. This will be your personal number for your new Broadband Phone account. If you have requested that we port your 0845 number to the new service then this will work alongside the geographical number you choose. You will also be able to request that your 0845 number is used as your outbound caller line ID after this time.
- From May 1st the Broadband Phone My Account pages will be removed. Instead you’ll need to manage your account from the new Broadband Phone control panel at http://voip.plus.net. Prior to this date we will send you an email containing your personal login details to these pages. You will need these details to login to the new Control panel, but you will still use your previous login details for your VoIP device or soft phone.
- We will transfer any remaining credit and 0845 numbers on or around May 1st. If you would like to keep your existing 0845 number then we recommend that you request this before Wednesday 23rd April. If we have not received your request by Wednesday then the number porting process becomes much more difficult and there is a possibility that your 0845 number will be lost. You can register to keep your 0845 number at:
http://trials.plus.net
- Please note that we will be removing the existing system for topping up credit on 30th April. This will let us transfer existing credit without any problems. You will still be able to add credit on the new platform by following the links from http://trials.plus.net
Further information about the migration to our new Broadband Phone platform can be found in our FAQ at: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband_phone/info/voip_trial.shtml
If you have any further questions or concerns which are not covered in the FAQ,  please contact us by raising a general query at:
http://trials.plus.net
Kind Regards,
Ian Wild
PlusNet Products Team
http://www.plus.net
This email has been sent as it contains important information about your service from PlusNet. Please do not reply to this email, as this is an unmonitored address.
PlusNet PLC
Registered Office: Internet House, 2 Tenter Street, Sheffield, S1 4BY
Registered in England no: 3279013

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
9 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: Important information regarding your Broadband Phone (VoIP) service.

Your Broadband Phone package and tariff will stay the same unless you are a user of the "Broadband Phone 120 Evening & Weekends" (this is the standard product for Broadband Your Way Option 2 subscribers). This will become Broadband Phone 120, with 120 Anytime minutes instead of 120 off-peak only minutes.

Does the upgrade from 120 evenings and weekend to 120 minutes anytime apply to user on the legacy PAYG?
RichSmol
Grafter

Yes, you will be moved to the Broadband Phone 120 (Anytime minutes) product.
fred
Grafter

For those already on the voip trial, when does the "included minutes" change (from "evenings and weekends" to "anytime") take effect?
Easily Confused
Tunbridge Wells
RichSmol
Grafter

Its already taken effect.  Cool
fred
Grafter

Tnx
Community Veteran

This is the first I've seen of this email. I never had one sent to me, even though I registered for broadband phone back in 2005. I had the email about trialling the new platform in November but took no action. Undecided
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
RichSmol
Grafter

If you have not used the Broadband Phone service for the last 3 months (you have not made 2 minutes worth of calls inbound or outbound) then you will not of been migrated to the new platform. Unfortunately, we had to draw the line somewhere during the migration - we are still paying for the account on the new platform even if it remains unused.
Community Veteran

Thanks for letting me know. I have actually now put in a ticket about this.
As I had the original email about the trial, then should I have has something to say that I wouldn't be migrated over if I hadn't used the service for a while? All my details are still showing on the Account Summary page, which makes it look as though my account is still active.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
RichSmol
Grafter

Your service is still active really - we just hadnt migrated your account. It was planned that those who had an active service but hadnt used the service in a long while would be migrated as and when required. Basically, we still need to do a mop-up of those accounts which havent been touched for over 3 months. As per our '3 month deactivation policy' we are entitled to remove services which have not been touched for 3 months - we chose not to do this for the VoIP migration in favor of simply migrating accounts when those 'dormant' users request to start using the service again.