cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If SJ phone crashes when you try and use the profile in windows Vista...

pcoventry
Grafter

If SJ phone crashes when you try and use the profile in windows Vista...

Then please try this.
I have been playing around at home and I have found that using this version of SJ phone does not cause a crash under windows Vista
The URL is here http://www.sjlabs.com/sjp.html
and the version you need to download is this one. XPsp2/2000sp4, v.1.60.289a, 06.19.05
7 REPLIES
pcoventry
Grafter

Re: If SJ phone crashes when you try and use the profile in windows Vista...

I've also found that zonealarm causes problems with registering.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Thanks for that, I'm getting a crash when I try to switch from SIP to PlusNet too -

Is there a way to make it automatically open with PlusNet? It won't let me delete the SIP profile!
My other problem is setting up the older version - the help files don't show it and I can't work out what to enter where  Embarrassed
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

I've deleted the newer version and installed the old one but still no go... it must be the settings -
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Try nat.plus.net in the proxy domain field with 5082 in the port field
and sip.plus.net in the user domain
OR maybe sip.plus.net in both and 5060 in the port and then nat.plus.net and 5082 in the proxy for NAt fields
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Just had another look around the Plusnet help on SjPhone. Try looking at the MAC help guide here
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband_phone/setup/sjphonemac.shtml
That version appears to be very similar to the older version... hope it helps
In general i'm with 'puddy' on the 'what h/w should I use for voip' question. If you are going to use it seriously then get a hardware ATA or a sip capable phone. That way a) you dont need the computer on to use it and b) you are independent of any OS software problems ( updates etc ) . OK, they are sometimes a bit more complicated to set up but its worth it.
I recently got a siemens gigaset C475IP, having experimented with softphone and the voip ports on my router, and its superb, call quality is great, you can use one phone for your landline and voip, set up dial plans to determine whether calls go via voip or landline. OK its £75 and the setup IS NOT simple but its worth the effort epscecially if you can use your 240 free minutes a month effectively.
lr73

use http://www.globaliptel.com/eng/content/Products/Softphones/RTC/PCPhone.html ; - it works with vista. 2 mins to set-up. I couldnt get sjphone to work with vista either!
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: ianwarrilow
Just had another look around the Plusnet help on SjPhone. Try looking at the MAC help guide here
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband_phone/setup/sjphonemac.shtml
In general i'm with 'puddy' on the 'what h/w should I use for voip' question. If you are going to use it seriously then get a hardware ATA or a sip capable phone. That way a) you dont need the computer on to use it and b) you are independent of any OS software problems ( updates etc ) . I recently got a siemens gigaset C475IP,. OK its £75 and the setup IS NOT simple but its worth the effort epscecially if you can use your 240 free minutes a month effectively.

I agree the best way to go is hardware but prices range from £zero
if you already have a Nokia E65 N82 N95 or N95-gb and I think the new Nokia N96 will work too. £ f free. I have the same type of phone Ian has.  But I have found cheaper hardware, its a speedtouch 716wl router, look on ebay their some buy it now for £15 but I have picked one up from £8 inc p&p.  So if want to upgrade from the 1 port free router and go wireless to but the best bit is that it has 2 voip ports built in.  You need  a USA to BT  adapter then you can plug any BT phone in to it (adapter cost less than £2)
I mainly use my siemens gigaset ip dect phone because you can add a handset in every room and make more than one call at a time so if the kids hog the phone its really useful.  But the Gigaset offers free calls to other gigaset users.
puddy