cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm unable to make calls using the SJphone

davidjw

I'm unable to make calls using the SJphone

Can anyone help me to set up the SJphone?
It dials a number OK and I can hear the dialling through the headset I'm using which is plugged into the audio sockets on the PC's soundcard. The microphone is working OK as I can see the mike level on the SJPhone skin. However I am unable to hear or transmit any voicecalls i.e the headset is working but I cannot make any phone calls.
I have tried asking the Support Team but the way they are trying to explain it is too complicated for me to understand, I need it explained in simple terms. So far I've only got as far as managing to find out that I have a full duplex sound card!
Can anyone help please?
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: I'm unable to make calls using the SJphone

A couple of questions that may help us to assist.
What version of SjPhone are you using ?
What operating system , Vista or XP ?
davidjw

Version 1.65.377a
Win 2000 Prof
puddy
Grafter

Have you seen my link on voip hardware for less than £15? see below if not
much better than trying to make calls using software with a microphone/headset
updates on voip hardware to help your use your free voip minutes from bargin prices.  with all of these products below you dont need to have your computer on to make and receive calls.  So for those of you on a budget of less than £15 I have made this list up. 
Hardware prices
Nokia E65 N82 N95 N95-8gb Nokia 6300i may be N96  £0.00 if you already have one of these mobile phones
Linksys Pap2 Adapter max ebay bid £13
Speedtouch 716wl routers adsl 2+ ,4 ports, wireless and has 2 built-in voip ports look on ebay but dont bid over £15 inc p&p
if you have the free 1 port router provided by plusnet then item 2 and 3 will not work because you do not have any spare ports.  But all is not lost upgrade that old free 1 port router with item 3 the speedtouch 716wl router it has 4 ports its wireless and has 2 built in voip ports
puddy
item 1 works with 02 3 mobile check it works with T-mobile, it will work with Vodafone but the phone will need to be de-branded first . Not sure it will work with Orange
item 2 and 3 need a RJ11 to BT adapter so you can use any BT end plug in to them Less than £3
Community Veteran

@davidjw,
Sounds like you might not have the sound devices correctly configured in SjPhone.
Have you been through the Audio Options setup ( manual Section 3.3 page 25 ) ?
Try various options and check that youcan record and playback ok.
Failing that post back and when I get back in the office ( Thurs ) I'll check my configuration of SjPhone 1.65.
Sorry I dont run 1.65 at home.
Community Veteran

If want to use your current hardware and you can't wait until Ian gets back to his office I have attached a screen shot of my audio settings for SJPhone
To get to the audio settings:
Open the SJPhone window and then go menu/options/audio
Select your preferred device from the drop down boxes.
I hope that helps
Roswellgrey
Grafter

I have no firsthand knowledge of this but ....
Looking at the SJPhone site, http://www.sjlabs.com/sjp.html
it appears that v.1.65.377a is only for Windows XP SP2.
Have you tried the version that they suggest for WIndows 2000 SP4 ? i.e. v.1.60.289a ?
Community Veteran

Good point Roswellgrey, I think you may be right. I use 1.60 on my Win2k box at home.
@davidjw, if you need the Plusnet setup guide for 1.60 look at the Mac guide here
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband_phone/setup/sjphonemac.shtml
The MAC version is based on 1.60.
davidjw

Thanks Ianwarrilow for your help.
I now have it working OK using version 1.60 and the Mac guide settings Smiley
(I did try this version before but couldn't get it working so that's why I changed it to version 1.65).
Thanks to everyone for all your advice.