Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't used it but have usage stats

OldCrone
Grafter

I haven't used it but have usage stats

Hi,
When it came out I activated VOIP and tried out Phone calls etc and decided it wasn't for me, so I have left it alone.
I didn't update anything in May and haven't set up a new account or anything, yet have Broadband phone usage of 17.72MB already this month.
No one has used MSN or SKYPE to speak over the internet, so I am confused as to what this means, can anyone shed any light?
(I am close to my limit with nearly 3 weeks to go so every MB counts)
4 REPLIES
Fixes: 101

Re: I haven't used it but have usage stats

It's probably just incorrectly assigned traffic, I always have some under FTP, about 130MB this month so far, and I don't use FTP at all.
Will Moderate For Thanks
chickendippers
Grafter

Check that you don't have MSN or Skype automatically starting on Windows startup. Just being connected will use up a small amount of your usage allowance (although 17Mb does sound like quite a lot).
pierre_pierre
Grafter

also you didnt remind the OP that Skype is a P2P that can be using your PC as a server
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

we have a new PN ADSL service in an office only used part time. When unattended - I left the router on to train for a few days - and computer off  and there has been a steady 720kB of traffic a day ( 22MB a month ) .So there is an overhead.
And we don't use IP  phone
I'm going to turn it off in a day or so when not in use - we have an excellent speed profile - but only to be expected as we are only 400 meters from the exchange  Smiley