cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Gigaset N300IP

eugeneg
Grafter

How to configure Gigaset N300IP

I would appreciate someone posting instructions for setting up a Gigaset N300IP.
I have tried setting up as 'other provider' but the status remains 'registration failed'.
Under Settings > Telephoney > Connections  I have put in the sip and proxy details but have had to guess at a few other fields that don't map to what I have gleaned from reading PlusNet's documentation.
Thanks.
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Re: How to configure Gigaset N300IP

You should find the Gigaset settings in this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,94015.msg789216.html#msg789216
They're actually for an A580IP but they' should be the same across the Gigaset range ( they're certainly the same as my C475IP ).
Hope that helps
eugeneg
Grafter

Thanks for that.  In fact I did see that thread (should have mentioned that earlier)  and still have problems.  Using bobboulby's 5th reply at http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,94015.msg789216.html#msg789216  what goes behind the 1234567 ?  And in the second image I have outbound proxy set to nat.plus.net as that is what is in PlusNet's help files - does he have natproxy.plus.net because things changed in the 2 years since he made that post ?
Community Veteran

The 1234567 should be replaced with your 7 digit sip id. It shouldn't matter whether you use nat.plus.net or natproxy.plus.net as they both reslve to the same host.
eugeneg
Grafter

Regrettably that does not do it.  In the connection status page the connection type of 'VOIP' has a status of 'Registration failed'.  I'm rather stuck now, not knowing what could be wrong or how to find out.  Is there any way of finding a working configuration of this hardware on the Plusnet system ?
Community Veteran

Does your account work with a softphone like X-lite ? that will confirm whether it's an account or a N300IP problem.
I've not seen an N300 but I can't believe it's any different then the other gigaset modeis and they all seen to have the same configuration options.
I'm not actually at home at the moment but when I get back I'll download an N300 manual and check it against my C475 config.

eugeneg
Grafter

You're very kind, thank you. 
Community Veteran

Hi eugeneg,
I've looked at the N300IP manual and some example configurations for other voip providers on the net and it's basically the same as the other Gigaset phone like the C475 and A580, so Bob's settings should be fine.
Two things to check
1) are you using the correct password ( its not necessarily the same one used to login to the voip control panel voip.plus.net ), it should have been supplied in the welcome email.
2) Can you check your account works with a softphone like x-lite ( if you haven't got it already you can download it for windows here http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite-for-windows-download.html )
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I do hope Plusnet VoIP works with the Gigaset N300A-IP !, as mine has just been delivered along with the Gigaset C610H handsets.
I'll have to wait 24 hours for the handset batteries to complete their initial charge, before I can get on to seeing whether the N300A-IP works on Plusnet 'Broadband Phone'.
Hopefully 'eugeneg' will get this issue resolved before I do  Undecided
eugeneg
Grafter

Ahh, many thanks MisterW I didn't realise that this could be a different password from the one required to get into the VOIP control panel.  I just called PN and the person I spoke to didn't know much more than me.  He has created a ticket for the password to be reset - apparently that takes 72 hours to do.
Community Veteran

Having just been through that process, the password supplied in the email WAS the correct one for SIP registration - I tested that on the VoIP settings on my mobile phone and it registered straight away and I could immediately make outgoing VoIP calls with my new number.
What I didn't receive in ANY email was the password to get into the VoIP control panel, which having raised a ticket that password was reset and then I could access my account.
Community Veteran

He has created a ticket for the password to be reset - apparently that takes 72 hours to do.

You can do that yourself through the voip control panel. From the Account Overview, click on the extension no and you will get the extension details.
There is a Reset password option on there, how long it takes to be operational I don't know, but I'd be staggered if it's 72 hours!!
Community Veteran

I spent much of today configuring my new Gigaset N300A-IP, and C610H handsets, using my Plusnet 'Broadband Phone' settings, although much of that time was exploring all the available options and discovering how the various voice mailboxes, etc, interact.
Admittedly making VoIP settings changes apparently caused the status screen to show "Registration failed", but I discovered the trick is to keep refreshing the browser page and after about a minute the status would change to "Registered".
I have attached below the settings that worked for me.
Cool
eugeneg
Grafter

Many thanks purleigh - that worked for me too.  Knowing the password turned out to be essential  Smiley
BTW, How were you able to get a screen shot of the whole page in one image ?
Community Veteran

[quote=eugeneg]How were you able to get a screen shot of the whole page in one image ?
Luck !
I just happened to fit on my laptop's 1024x768 pixel screen when I hit the <screenshot> button,
although if I had needed more resolution I could have gone to my desktop machines at 1600x1200.
I'm glad you have got it working now, it is quite a learning experience programming these Gigaset phones.