cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take?

oswalds
Grafter

How long does it take?

I activated my VOIP service and was told it would be on with in 24hrs but 30hrs later still no service. Is this normal anyone? Cry
9 REPLIES
imroberts
Grafter

Re: How long does it take?

As far as I am aware the script used to activate accounts runs once every 24 hours.
This sends off the account information to our suppliers who will activate the accounts (presumably again by script which may only run once or twice a day) and you will receive an automated confirmation email with your account details. As such it can sometimes take upto 48 hours before your service is actually operational.
If I remember I'll check your account tomorrow afternoon when I'm in work and get this chased up for you if it's still not active.
oswalds
Grafter

Thanks Ian
imroberts
Grafter

No problem at all.
Oh and welcome to the forums Smiley
oswalds
Grafter

Plusnet just got back to me and told my it was not picked up and will be activated on Monday. Not the best start  Angry
TBird1
Dabbler

Mmmm . . . been waiting 36 hours now after being told I'd have my account details within 24 hours by email. I even asked via the support centre 12 hours in if I could have my account details there and then and they told me had to to wait the full 24 hours.
Asked via the support centre for an update and hour ago and got a reply that I would get my account details 'soon' - and I'm still waiting.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

As Ian said above , this is an automated procedure and sometimes it doesnt quite go to plan!!
I know its a pain but hang on in there...
pcoventry
Grafter

Fao Oswalds.
Assuming I got the right account I can see that this is now active. Can you please check your e-mails? If you have not received the login details please raise a ticket on your account to the CSC and one of the VoIP team can re-send this information out to you.
TBird1
Dabbler

Quote from: TBird1
Asked via the support centre for an update and hour ago and got a reply that I would get my account details 'soon' - and I'm still waiting.

Just to provide an update - My account details arrived a couple of hours after this post, so quite happy.
Must comment that although it took longer than 1st suggested to get the account, the pro-active and timely feedback to my questions from PlusNet (early on a Sunday Morning for example) was absolutely excellent - a million miles away from the provider I have recently moved away from. Confirms in my mind that I made the right decision to move.
Well done PlusNet.
RichSmol
Grafter

Sorry for the delays and inconvenience caused folks - the content should be changed to 'within 24 working hours' - at the moment our account creation process is manual and would require a member of the product team to come in over the weekend. Our CSC can create the account manually (singular account creations) if there are any unexpected delays.
We'll be kicking off a project this month to automate account creation, modification, upgrades/downgrade, top-ups, ensuring that you can synchronously login to voip.plus.net using your member centre details. We'll also be moving to an improved tariff which will provide some much improved rates on mobiles as well - plenty to look forward to. I'll be doing a full post and update sometime over the next 10 days.
cheers
Rich