cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use broadband phone on iPhone?

Adam86

How do I use broadband phone on iPhone?

Hi there guys
I've just registered for the broadband phone - very impressed so far!  However, what's the best way to use it on my iPhone? 
I've downloaded 3CX which looks like a very good app but I just can't seem to get it working at all.  Anybody else here using this?  If it can't work, then is there any other good apps which would be compatible?  A bit stuck here to be honest! Smiley
Cheers
Adam
11 REPLIES
Adam86

Re: How do I use broadband phone on iPhone?

I need to also get a Mac program to work also lol!  SJphone is so old it doesn't work on non-PowerPC Macs! 
Any recommendations?  I'm trying X-Lite but can't get that to work either.
Thanks again!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

I've had 3CX working fine on Windows so I don't see why the iPhone version shouldn't work and this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,104106.0.html seems to confirm it.
Sounds like maybe your settings are not quite correct.
I've just registered for the broadband phone - very impressed so far!
Does that mean you have it working on another platform ( e.g Windows ) ? as that would confirm that your voip account has been activated.
RPMozley
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Yes I've got 3CX iOS app working ok and x-lite 4 on Mac. It can be a bit confusing as to what the settings for the programs want but if you try different things out you should get there in the end.
Or if you want direct help just ask about what is confusing you exactly.
Adam86

I haven't been able to use the service yet at all, just been impressed with being able to choose my number etc.
That's great that x-lite and 3CX can work - is there any chance you can provide me with clear instructions.  I'm beginning to wonder if the service has been activated alright but I'm maybe just inputting something wrong.  I'm quite lost... lol
Cheers.
Adam86

In the control panel overview, it is saying the status as being "not registered" - is that normal?
RPMozley
Aspiring Pro

Umm... Well it probably just means you've not connected to it as yet. As long as you've got an extension number it should be active, when you sort out the settings.
For 3CXPhone:
Name & display name are just there for your benefit - you can put anything in, even the PSTN number.
User & ID - you put in your extension number for both.
Password, well you should know what that is.
Local PBX IP - sip.plus.net
External PBX - either leave blank or just repeat.
PBX Port - 5060
STUN - leave as is or delete it.
Proxy - nat.plus.net:5082
And last one to change:
Local SIP port - 5060
And that should get you connected. If not then there might be a problem.
I'll get x-lite settings once I'm on my MacBook.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

In the control panel overview, it is saying the status as being "not registered" - is that normal?

As RPM says that's showing the status of any phones connected i.e 'registered'  to your voip account.
Once you have one ( or more ) phones connected it will say something like this
online until 2012-06-26 09:21:31
Any time shown will be upto an hour away since the phone will automatically re-register every hour.
Once you have a phone connected then the extension details ( in the control panel ) will show something like this
80.229.xxxx.xxxx (<username. plus.com>), expires at 2012-06-26 09:21:31, logged into v-sip-1
NAT: <extension> on v-nat-proxy-1 from 80.229.xxx.xxx (<username. plus.com>), internal IP 80.229.xxx.xxx, until 2011-12-24 03:34:22
Device C475IP021840000000

Password, well you should know what that is

There are two passwords, one for the voip control panel, and one for the phone ( usually referred to as the sip password ) and they can be different. You should have been advised of both in the welcome email. You can change ( but not view ) the sip password from the extension details page in the control panel.
Hope that helps.
Adam86

Thanks very much RP and Mister - those settings have finally worked on 3CX.  
The only thing I had to change was sip.plus.net to sip2.plus.net.  I kept getting the message Forbidden until I changed this.
The only problem now... is that I can't get any incoming calls.  It just goes straight to my voicemail.  Any ideas why it's doing this?  
Also when somebody answers - can't hear them at all!
Such a nightmare, hope to finally get it working soon.
Would love the X-Lite settings please RP...  Smiley
Adam86

After a few tweaking with the settings - it's working!  Smiley
I think it's because I had it on "In Office" mode maybe.  I also enabled all the audio codecs.  
RPMozley
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Adam86
Would love the X-Lite settings please RP...  Smiley

OK, here's what to put into X-Lite 4 for Mac OS X. All items to fill in on "General" tab.
User ID - SIP extension number.
Domain - sip2.plus.net:5060
Password again.
Display name - Anything, I like to put in the PSTN number just to remind me of it.
Authorisation name - Extension number again.
In "Domain Proxy":
Tick "Register with domain and receive calls".
Select "Proxy" and fill in "address" - nat.plus.net:5082
And that's it, all set up.
Wink
jcasseys

HI,
    If this information to help anyone. Linphone has variety options. Windows, Linux, Ubuntu, Debian, Iphone, Blackberry, Andriod.. I tried SJ Phone and did not run on Ubuntu. but soon as i installed Linphone worked a dream, having no problems. yet to try on Iphone. if anyone knows will be good to know.  here is the link .  http://www.linphone.org/eng/download/packages/
Have fun !!  Grin