cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find the details of my 'Network Mailbox' (for voicemail)

CraigBruce
Dabbler

How do I find the details of my 'Network Mailbox' (for voicemail)

Hi,
  my Gigaset N300-IP has an option to set a Network Mailbox for my fixed line (Plusnet home phone). I assume I can use my Plusnet VoIP voicemail (if I could find the details) and then get the benefits of emailed wav files for any missed calls when I am away from home. Is this possible ? If so, how do I find the details of my Plusnet voice mailbox ?
Thanks,
Craig
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: How do I find the details of my 'Network Mailbox' (for voicemail)

You can configure the voicemail settings from the voip control panel ( voip.plus.net ).
Login and select Account Overview and then click on the extension number ( in purple ).
That should take you to the configuration page for the extension, where you can configure the voicemail settings.
The Gradwell( who provide the service for PlusNet ) help page for voicemail settings is here http://www.gradwell.com/support/kb/article.php?id=97
Hope that helps
itsme
Grafter

Don't believe that what the OP is asking. I believe they want to divert incoming PSTN calls to the VoIP Voicemail. Which I have done in the past with an ATA adapter that I used. But can't find the information on the numbers needed to dial to go direct to the voicemail to leave a message.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

I believe they want to divert incoming PSTN calls to the VoIP Voicemail.

Aah! i didn't read it like that but I suspect you're right.
In that case he might be able to use the N300's Call Divert ( page 48 in the manual ) to divert Fixed Line calls to his voip number and then make sure that the Answer Phone feature of the N300 is disabled. That way PlusNet voip voicemail should pick up the call.
Not sure whether It's going to incur charges somewhere, but assuming the divert is set to call the sip extension directly then that should be a sip->sip call and be free, assuming the the dial plan is setup to force any calls to the sip extension to go via the voip connection.
CraigBruce
Dabbler

Indeed - I'm seeking to have my PSTN divert to my Plusnet (or Sipgate) voicemailbox on no-answer. I will take another look at the call divert on the N300 but didnt think it had an option to divert on no answer and it seemed like the 'Network Mailbox' setting would accomodate my needs.
I may be thinking of this in entirely the wrong way in the SIP world but I'm likening my 'Network Mailbox'/voicemail to the voicemail I have on my Vodafone mobile, which actually has a hidden direct dial number. I've been thinking that fnding the address for my Plusnet voicemail and populating the Network Mailbox field may get the N300 working as desired...sending the call direct to the Plusnet voicemail (without having to timeout on the VOIP number first).
..however, some reading I did yesterday made me think that the network mailbox is actually only used by the N300 to poll for status and thereby set the message waiting light for the appropriate service.
itsme
Grafter

What you are describing I'm sure that I have used it in the past with a Camnvox ATA a couple of years ago. The only option I can see on the Gradwell site is to forward an existing Voicemail to another extension. Pretty sure there use to be an option to directly leave a Voicemail on an extension without the extension ringing.