Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I activate Broadband Phone - Can't find the option

mattewan
Grafter

How do I activate Broadband Phone - Can't find the option

Hello,
I use to be a residential customer (Can't tell you which package i was on, as I switched a few times over the years and forgotten). However, I changed to a business account in december 2009. I am now on business option 3, but im not sure if all these account changes have caused the problem im facing.
I went to the support pages to find out how to activate broadband phone, and come across an article which states the following:
You'll need to activate your Broadband Phone service to use it. Activation can take up to two working days to complete.
To do this go to Account Details in the Member Centre and select 'Activate Broadband Phone'.
You'll be sent full details on how to complete the activation process to your registered email address.

This option is not in my 'Account Details' section on my portal page.
Thank you
dick:green Quote tags fixed.
8 REPLIES
paulby
Grafter

Re: How do I activate Broadband Phone - Can't find the option

Login to the member centre and go to Phone Calls (you'll need to log in if you follow the link).  There is a "Buy" link on that page.  
Clicking on that takes you to more information and the option to add it to your account.
(Just re-read your post - don't know if this works for business accounts!)
mattewan
Grafter

Hello,
Thanks for the information, I tried it and it works.
I actually went to that page yesterday and noticed that it said "buy" so I just assumed I was in the wrong place.
I should have tried it yesterday.
Thank you.
alphatango

Finding the option is only the start Angry
Found link as above and requested activation 10th Feb 2011
No welcome e-mail received after 48 hours - so cannot access control panel or set up details - service shown as active on account details page
Raised ticket on 15th Feb
Acknowledged 16th Feb "passing to correct department" - suppose keeps completion stats down
3 days later no response whatsoever
Suppose next stage is request MAC and go find a provider who can deliver to its own timescales
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: alphatango
Suppose next stage is request MAC and go find a provider who can deliver to its own timescales

You won’t find any company offering free minutes with a free UK normal std number of your choice if you go elsewhere
Most now charge £4+ month to rent a std number plus you will pay for all your calls unlike Plusnet
Remember Plusnet voip service is a free service
puddy
alphatango

Thanks Puddy,
Relevant if my main concern was 01 and 02 UK calls ; but I did not say that it was for UK use, and the STD number is not required - most calls would be over x-connect peering partners to a limited number of specific SIP extensions.
My main issue is in actually getting a response from Plusnet to be able to use the service and this is now way beyond their own timescales
jojopillo
Grafter

HI alphatango,
I've had someone look into this now. It seems like your account timed out as it wasn't set up. You should now have a confirmation email and a ticket explaining how to set it up.
Jojo Smiley
alphatango

Jojo - many thanks - email now received - will set up later - hope it works ok!
Update- Well, after Joanne's efforts her colleagues let her down - now able to log on to control panel but details tab is completely blank - no SIP details , no voicemail, no STD code...  totally blank white page !!
And credits page shows incorrect inclusive information !
Oh well, ticket retuned again , probably another week before a response - this is the real problem - support response times are far longer than target times and are letting people like Joanne and the customer down.
jojopillo
Grafter

HI alphatango,
I've had the guy who sorted it for you yesterday pick that up. I think he's set it up for  you now and responded to your ticket.
Jojo Smiley