cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How charging works?

thehatman
Grafter

How charging works?

What happens if I make calls outside my free minutes time?  Will the softphone not connect or will a charge be added to my next Plusnet bill? My old setup didn't connect but I tried calling a number just now and it rang even though I don't have any deal to pay Plusnet for calls as far as I know. Can someone explain?
Also what are the free times now?
Thanks.
5 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: How charging works?

Hi there, we have actually changed how we manage this slightly - we've given everyone 50p to have a play with the new platform so you'll be able to make calls even if you havent added any credit prior to May 1st. Your free to use this credit. You can make an outbound call with negative credit but you can make a call and make it last longer than your credit allows which will in turn create some negative credit. We have instigated a 120 minute call length limit so you cant get yourself into that much negative credit anyway - put it this way, we know where you live  Grin
thehatman
Grafter

Does that mean that I could accidentally run up a bill? I'd rather that the service didn't connect during non-free times.
Please explain.
RichSmol
Grafter

you wont be able to make any calls when you have no credit. There is no concept of off-peak by the way unless your on the Broadband Phone E&Ws product - all others include anytime minutes.
thehatman
Grafter

I'm having trouble with this. You say I can run up negative credit, yet you also say I can't run up a bill and phone calls won't connect if I've got no credit.
I only intend using the free minutes. Can you assure me that there is no way I can run up a bill and that my broadband phone won't connect when I am outside my free minutes quota?
RichSmol
Grafter

If you have more than £0.00 credit you will be able to make a call and you should be cut off after your balance reaches zero. In some cases it takes a few seconds for the Gradwell accounting servers to catch up and you may find that the call continues. 99% of the time your call will be cut off but you may find that the call puts you a few pence into negative credit because of the scenario above. It will never be more than a few pence either.