cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Hub v2.0a unlocked and PlusNet VoIP help needed

zeb1801

Home Hub v2.0a unlocked and PlusNet VoIP help needed

As in the header I have a Home Hub, fully unlocked together with a Hub phone I want to use for PlusNet VoIP.
I can telnet into the router to add a sip profile, but not exactly sure what I need to put into the hub to make the service work.
I need to know the following - if anyone can tell me what goes where I will be very grateful!!

SIP_URI=   Huh
[username]=  Huh     (I think this is my 7 character sip id)
[password]=  Huh      (my sip password)
[password]=  Huh      (again, my sip password as the router asks for password verification)
[displayname]=  Huh  (not sure what to put here, maybe just my own name?)
[voiceport]= COMMON   (This allows the Hub Phone to make and receive calls on the PSTN network as well as Broadband calls)
[abbr]= Huh    (Don't know what this is)
[enable]= Huh   (Not sure, but I think it enables the broadband phone)
[directorynumber]=  Huh  (My VoIP number?)
I then need to type the following:
voice sip config primproxyaddr=  Huh (Not sure what to put here - maybe nat.plus.net:5082)
voice sip config primregaddr=  Huh (not sure what to put here - maybe sip.plus.net)
voice sip config notifier_addr=  Huh(Not sure what to put here)
If anyone can help me fill in the information I'll be more than happy to write up a guide on how I got it all done!

3 REPLIES
zeb1801

Re: Home Hub v2.0a unlocked and PlusNet VoIP help needed

Just for a test, I used the settings provided here - http://www.psidoc.com/showthread.php/47-How-to-use-BT-Home-Hub-Phone to configure the hub phone to use sipgate, and it works fine.  Just need the equivalent settings for PlusNet !!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Hi,
You're on the right track with most of your guesses.
This http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,87037.0.html/ should give you all the details.
zeb1801

It does - works great now - thank you!!