cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to Get Started with SJPhone

JerrySeabridge

Help to Get Started with SJPhone

Can anyone help me out pls? I used to use X-Lite but not often and de-installed it. A few weeks back got an email from Plusnet about "re-directing our sip address" etc... I then got another email about activating my account which I did. Then I downloaded SJPhone and followed the set-up guide. However when I have finished SJPhone says "PlusNet VoIP Service unavailable Authentication failed".
Some questions:
1. I've doubled checked the Profiles tab under Options. The guide  (http://portal.plus.net/support/broadband_phone/setup/sjphonepc.shtml) says the Proxy URI should be "nat.plus.net:5082" but after entering it, if I go back into the Profile it has been changed to "sip:nat.plus.net:5082". Is this an issue?
2. In the guide at above address it says that Domain/Realm should be set to "sip2.plus.net" but immediately under the picture it says it should be "sip2.plus.net:5060". Is the port number required or not?
3. When I select "Initialize" is the account name my seven digit SIP number or the Name or the Email address shown as associated with the SIP number? I've tried SIP number and email address in the account box, makes no difference
4. I am behind a Netgear router. Do I need to set up any port forwarding and if so what?
Many thanks for any help offered!
Jerry

4 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: Help to Get Started with SJPhone

Please drop the front 4 on your SIP ID so your registering with a 6 digit extension number starting with 2 instead. You can use the same password. The account details you used to register against our old platform were migrated across to the new platform.
Hopefully, that should get you started - let me know if your still having any issues.
cheers
Rich
JerrySeabridge

Yup, that fixed it, working 100% now. Thanks a lot for the help and the prompt response!
Jerry
lr73

Quote from: RichSmol
Please drop the front 4 on your SIP ID so your registering with a 6 digit extension number starting with 2 instead. You can use the same password. The account details you used to register against our old platform were migrated across to the new platform.
Hopefully, that should get you started - let me know if your still having any issues.
cheers
Rich

can you tell me what you mean as i am getting the same. my 7 digit sip id starts with a 7. do you mean delete the first 4 digits and replace with a 2 making it a 4 digit number? for example what would i change sip id 1234567 to? also In the guide at above address it says that Domain/Realm should be set to "sip2.plus.net" but immediately under the picture it says it should be "sip2.plus.net:5060". Is the port number required or not?
RichSmol
Grafter

Basically, we migrated some SIP IDs from our platform but they were 6 digits long and our new suppliers number plan followed 7 digit logic - therefore we had to put a digit (a 4 in this case) at the beginning and then build some logic into the platform which accepted the 6 digit instead of the 7. If your account doesnt start with a 4 then you dont need to worry about this. You should continue to use your 7 digit SIP ID.
cheers
Rich