cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware questions make calls without turning on P.C? and more questions...

pint
Grafter

Hardware questions make calls without turning on P.C? and more questions...

My Wireless router is on its last legs, and im thinking of getting a new one, is it possible to have a wireless router into which you can plug a phone in, and be able to set it up to work with the plus net voip trial phone service for no more than £80?
i know theres that typoe of kit available, although most if it appears to be locked to a certain voip provider, like vonage/skype etc
At the moment i dont use the Voip phone function, and i dont use up my minutes, as the p.c has to be on, and i need to call from my P.C via X lite, I know that you get 200 minutes per month, but hat happens when you go over these, are you stopped until you put some 'credit' on the account, or is the amount billed automaitcly to my main ISP accout?
at the moment  the calls only include 01 and 02 codes, what about other numbers such as 0870, 0845 and free phone 0800?
what about mobile numbers? do i need to add credit to call these, or will it be billed without me knowinbg how much i was 'racking up' in call charges?
In the last BT bill they were 119 calls to a mobile, with a total call time of 3hrs, 17 minutes, 32 seconds, for which BT (option1) Charged £33.39 would these be cheaper via plusnets Voip trial prices?
1 REPLY
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Hardware questions make calls without turning on P.C? and more questions...

You can certainly get phones which will plug directly into your router - you can even get expensive handsets which will operate wirelessly via the router.
You really need a router with a special couple of ports, so that VOIP gets priority over internet traffic (there's an acronym for this).