cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grandstream GXP2000 firrmware

prichardson
Grafter

Grandstream GXP2000 firrmware

After I decided it was time to check the firmware version and update my GXP2000, I have turned it into an all singing, all dancing LCD display only.
No changes have been made other than to update the firmware and revert the unit back to "do not update" mode, yet it simply wont register.
I have reset my SIP extension password because I didn't know it using my all singing all dancing permissions, updated the phone with this password and waited 30 mins before initiating a reboot, just to ensure it was effective.
But it simply will not for the linfe of it, register.
It's on firmware 1.1.6.44, though I could revert to 1.1.6.37 (iirc). It was on 1.1.16 before making my move today
Anybody else had any problems?
I am thinking of raising this with gradwell, so I can see what is happenin from their side, as it's proving quite hard to see what is happening on the LAN (packet captures). If I can avoid it I will.
11 REPLIES
techguy
Grafter

Re: Grandstream GXP2000 firrmware

Hi Phil
I've never used this piece of kit was just wondering whether a hard reset (if there's a reset switch of course) might do the trick for you though it may erase any stored data.
In my experience of updating firmware on devices this is always something to try if it won't boot properly after an update
Apologies if you've already tried this, not teaching you to suck eggs.
Hope this helps
Mitch aka techguy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

I believe there are some ongoing service status issues on the Broadband Phone platform ?
I've certainly had some issues with registration more than once in the last couple of days.
Might be best to wait until the all clear...
prichardson
Grafter

Initially trying to avoid it, but it's on the card for when I finish some more important items.
Need to drag some of the settings from it, as the kit has a XML phonebook and LCD display updater, so need the server settings for them later.
In regards to the registration issues, I will wait them out.
It's just odd that during the update process, it failed to obtain the TFTP updates from a internet server, which causes a reboot at timeout. It was able to register during all of these reboots. As soon as I manage to apply the firmware it stops.
Smacks of "unrelated", but equally the nature of it smacks of the cause.
puddy
Grafter

I always thought my GXP2000 updated every time I re-booted but on seeing the firmware version on yours I realised it was not working.  All the settings were correct when I logged on so I looked at home page and changed the settings to the ip server and rebooted it took 30 mins before it’s done but it still shows Software Version:    Program-- 1.1.5.99    Bootloader-- 1.1.6.6
Either I have messed it up or they have pulled the earlier version you listed.  It would not register so I rebooted it twice and all's okay now. 
This was my first firmware update on this device
Regards
Puddy
prichardson
Grafter

I will need a local TFTP server to perform the update. Because of the size of the gxp2000e.bin file, it times out.
A local TFTP server will be faster.
paxy
Grafter

I have a grandsream 2020 and use a local TFTP server.  I did upgrade to the version you mention but it was problematic so downgraded to Program-- 1.1.6.16    Bootloader-- 1.1.6.5.
Puddy supplied me with the settings and it has been solid since.
Regards, Paxy
prichardson
Grafter

How did you downgrade?
My GXP2000 seems to download the version 1.1.6.37, but wont run it. I would love to go back to 1.1.16 which is what I had, but I don't have a copy.
Grandstream don't have this in their archive.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Phil,
Does this help http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/GXP-2000+Disaster+Recovery OR this link from that post
http://www.grandstreamsucks.com/ which seems to have quite a few firmwares available.
prichardson
Grafter

Using a combination of those links and some google searches using keywords in the pages, I have found 1.1.6.16.
Problem is, I need to ensure my phone now accepts the downgrade, which may not be simple.
prichardson
Grafter

Well, the flash to 1.1.6.16 worked well. Quick config check later, and I am back up and operational.
Bit confused though, because it keeps trying to provision itself via TFTP, even though it is disabled, so keeps lighting up. Is annoying to say the least.
Highlighted
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: P
I will need a local TFTP server to perform the update. Because of the size of the gxp2000e.bin file, it times out.
A local TFTP server will be faster.

I never used a localTFTP  I just changed the setting from letters to numbers 
Firmware Server Path:  168.75.215.189
Config Server Path: 168.75.215.189

puddy
ps using vista