cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grandstream GXP-2000

prichardson
Grafter

Grandstream GXP-2000

Well, here is one for me books, it's kind of role reversal.
Has anybody managed to get a Grandstream GXP-2000 functional on the trial platform?
I cannot for the life of me seem to get it to register.
I have seen the config for one of the earlier models and even look on Gradwells own guides, but they have not assisted.
It was on an old firmware, and a boot today once into my router, quickly sorted it on to the latest.
The phone boots, and just sits there trying to perform a TFTP provision.
I am not overly sure what the hell it is up to to be honest.
I am interested in getting this fully functional, as I do not use my phone line for PSTN and plan to use this as a number for family to contact me on mainly (more so because of the ability to roam with my mobile).
I have as follows.
Sip server: sip2.plus.net
Outbound proxy: nat.plus.net:5082
Sip user ID: 6168103
Authenticate ID: 6168203
Password: Yer, as if. I have changed it in case I forgot
All other settings are blank or defaults, with the exception of those as on the following page.
http://portal.gradwell.net/support.php/knowledgebase/view/category_id/34/article_id/224
The phone is making an effort to try and call and I can see no reason why it can't. My Nokia E65 works afterall with the same router, and the phone gets data transfer as per the firmware update.
Thoughts?
6 REPLIES
teldanet
Grafter

Re: Grandstream GXP-2000

I am using a grandstream gxp2000 and it is the best thing since sliced bread.  I did have a problem when I was using a stun server but not now.  A static ip address, manually setting the ip info, opening up the required ports make it work perfectly.  You can phone me if you like if you want to discuss this more 8860035@sip2.plus.net or email me.
prichardson
Grafter

Not going pester me for personal support I hope Cheesy
Where you using any settings under the accounts tab that may differ to what I have put above?
Will also look to disable STUN in case.
My router has a SIP ALG built in, so port forwarding should not be needed. More to the point, my Nokia E65 work just fine without the need to make changes to port rules.
Do you know if the "proxy require" setting should be used?
I have made a few changed which I am waiting to check and see if they work.
prichardson
Grafter

Well, I am now operational in terms of registration. I had been a numpty on the username, despite swearing I had checked this, even to myself.
I can receive calls now which is fantastic and will be left as is, because this is the primary reason for you. Call quality is more than perfect for my needs.
However, I cannot make calls.
I get a 488 error code saying "Not acceptable here" and the phone displays the message "Try a different vocoda".
However, I have already done this and I am currently using the ones as per the Budgetone 100 setup shown on the following post.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,57674.msg471302.html#msg471302
Anybody got any suggestions as I have reviewed every settings that related to the codec settings.
prichardson
Grafter

Well sugar, I cracked that nut too.
Set to PCMA all the way and now good to go.
Need to figure which ones should function, and which cannot and all done.
Is there a list of Gradwell supported Codecs anywhere?
RichSmol
Grafter

puddy
Grafter

I must say the grandstream gxp2000 is an excellent bit of kit.
Never once lost a voip call and voice qualilty is excellent the only bad point when you get an incoming call the phone ring is very quiet

puddy