cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grandstream BT-200

Docrob
Grafter

Grandstream BT-200

I have been trying to get a Grandstream Budge Tone-200 to work with VOIP. I can get X-lite to work fine, but I am unable to get the BT-200 to work, it does not even want to register. I have used the same settings as x-lute and I get nothing. Any ideas including what settings I should use would be gratefully received.
I have done the usual basic checks the phone has an ip and I can access it via the web page, so it is connected.
Thanks
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: Grandstream BT-200

This thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,82546.0.html has the settings for the BT200. The only difference now is that the o/b proxy should be nat.plus.net:5082
Hope that helps
Docrob
Grafter

Thank you MisterW. I tried those settings and still no joy  Cry
Community Veteran

It still doesn't register then ?
You might be able to get more information on why by using it's Syslog facility set to DEBUG level ( see page 25 of the manual ). You will need to setup a syslog server on a PC .
For Windows this http://www.solarwinds.com/products/freetools/free-kiwi-syslog-server.aspx looks like it might do the job. I'm afraid I'm a Linux man myself so don't have any direct experience of syslog servers for Windows.
Docrob
Grafter

Thanks, I haven't had time to look into this, but I borrowed back a Lynksys unit that use to work and this is unable to correct ether. Not sure what is going on perhaps it is my firewall that is at issue. I will look into the syslog approach - I am on a Mac though.
Rob
Community Veteran

I can't quite see why both the Linksys & Grandstream won't connect but X-Lite will.
I've no experience of the Mac at all I'm afraid.
Actually I've maybe just spotted something in the BT200 manual, page 27, there's a Use DNS SRV option which defaults to No.
Try changing that to Yes, if that does what I think it might then when set to NO , its expected Ip addresses in the sip & o/b proxy fields. Setting to Yes suggests
it will use DNS to lookup the servers from URL's