Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gradwell VoIP Beta Trial

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Gradwell VoIP Beta Trial

Evening all,
Quick heads up regarding the announcements that I have just published to Service Status and our Community Site Comms blog.
We're basically asking for trialists to help test our new VoIP platform that we hope will replace the current offering that often suffers from service interruptions and performance issues.
The test platform will work in exactly the same way as your existing Broadband Phone packages however you'll also have access to a number of additional features, including...

• Emergency services access (999 calling)
  • Attach a geographic number to your account
  • Customisable voicemail – enter your own voicemail message which activates after a defined ring period
  • SMS Voicemail notification
  • Inbuilt web-based phone directory
  • Customisable Call divert feature – divert your calls to a given geographic or mobile number after a specified number of rings
  • Maximum spend per day – set this feature to any given financial amount – especially useful as a parental control
  • Increased peering reliability

For those interested, have a read of the FAQ and blog post and then head over to http://trials.plus.net to register your interest.
Any questions or feedback related to the trial is welcome in this thread.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

87 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Re: Gradwell VoIP Beta Trial

Anything that will hopefully improve the current Voip system has got to be worth helping to test. Count me in!
Interest duly registered.
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Yep, just signed up. Have only used the current system at odd times because of the problems, will try and push this a bit more to see how it stacks up.
Regards, P.
glloyd
Rising Star

A comment in the blog stated that VoIP was not used much. Maybe this was because it was so unreliable.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

I think that is actually suggested as the reason in the blog post too
It could be argued that the reason for the slow take-up is partly a consequence of the regular service interruptions and problems that have plagued the service.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

I think also to use it properly you need to have an IP Phone or adapter. Mucking about with soft phones, headphones and mikes is to much of a pain. Plus if your computer is not on you can't make or receive calls. Perhaps PN could do some deals on IP phones and/or adapters to help promote VOIP?
glloyd
Rising Star

What happens to the credit we have paid for on Plus Talk it we switch to the new system?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

During the trial the 2 systems are going to run side by side, so any credit you have on the PlusTalk platform will stay where it is.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
fotobits
Rising Star

I'm delighted!
Gradwell's are a professional and very helpful organisation.
Regards
somerandomguy
Dabbler

I have four hours of inclusive landline-only calls per month as part of my package (Premier Option 1) but when I click on the trial link I was sent and log in, I just get taken to the accounts section of the control panel.
Is the trial available to those of us in this situation?
(And, once PlusNet move to Gradwell for VOIP, will this account still have inclusive calls as part of the deal?)
RichSmol
Grafter

One of the terms of the trial is that you must have an active Broadband Phone service on your account. If you do then your eligible for the trial. To activate your Broadband Phone component go to the Account details section and choose to 'activate Broadband Phone'. To register your interest go to http://trials.plus.net and follow the VoIP Beta tril link.
As part of the trial we will be replicating your existing Broadband Phone product on the new platform. For instance, if you are on Broadband Evenings & Weekends (2000 minutes included) we will mirror the minutes allowance on your trial account and reset the counter. Your existing Broadband Phone account will remain unchanged. For further info, have a look at the trial FAQs at the link below:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband_phone/info/voip_trial.shtml
somerandomguy
Dabbler

Thanks - I'm already activated, but why does clicking the VOIP Trial link take me to the page with my credit card details rather than going to a page that's actually related to the trial? That doesn't seem right Huh
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: glloyd
I think also to use it properly you need to have an IP Phone or adapter. Perhaps PN could do some deals on IP phones and/or adapters to help promote VOIP?

I got a linksys adapter for £20 of ebay and is really easy to setup.
If  plusnet sell these or gives them away they could lock down the adapter after 12 months they should unlock them! would plus net consider this root?
I also have a  speedtouch 716 wl v5 router from plusnet which gives you 2 voip ports £60.
And to make the most of the free calls I brought a siemes dect phone which can make normal calls and  if you  hold the call button down for 2seconds  it makes voip calls. cost £75 and extra hand sets are £39 each
all above work without leaving the computer on
So lots of way to get started from £20+
The headset and mic and software is dead now
puddy
puddy
Grafter

voip beta

If you dial a sipgate number via its 0845 number is it free? or do you have to use its sip number i.e **777 104Huh
puddy
cp:blue I have merged this post into the main VOIP beta thread. mod:end
jakejohnson
Dabbler

Quote from: fotobits
I'm delighted!
Gradwell's are a professional and very helpful organisation.
Thank you for such a glowing reception.
It's nice to feel so welcome!