Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gradwell VOIP Trial Incoming Calls Issues

Skydoc

Gradwell VOIP Trial Incoming Calls Issues

Hi,
General Setup:
Plusnet broadband.  Sonicwall TZ 190 UTM device and standard Belkin router behind the connection. SIP clients including a Polycom 601, Sipura SPA -2100 and a Fritzbox 7140. Soft clients including Bria and Eyebeam from Counterpath.
I have been seeing a variety of problems with the new trial as well as some good results.  The main problems that I seem to be having may be because of the non standard port of the proxy server. (nat.plus.net:5082) but I was hoping for some advice here.
Using a Sipura SPA - 2100 I have excellent outgoing functionality but my local number will not connect from the PTSN / POTS.  The ringing tone is heard by the calling party and then the answerphone kicks in.  No ringing is heard locally at all.
Unfortunately I cannot use the Sipura because I need to have PTSN fail over so I am using a Fritzbox 7140.  If I configure the registrar as sip2.plus.net and the SIP Proxy as nat.plus.net:5082 again, I get dial out connectivity every time without any problems.  The Fritzbox says it is registered but again, Im not getting any calls routed trough the local PTSN number that has been allocated to this account.
Am I right in assuming:
1) That nat.plus.net:5082 is responsible for transacting outbound calls from my network to (say) the PTSN?  If so then this side of the system seems to work fine despite the odd port number.
2) If registered with sip2.plus.net the phones should be able to receive incoming calls ok?
3) That it should be possible to have phones on my network concurrently registered with the old service at sip.plus.net?  (In fact I have now removed these in case this is not the case).
4) That is should be fine to have multiple soft or hard phones registered against the Gradwell trial account - that should all ring when a call is placed to the PTSN number allocated to the account?
Any help would be gratefully received!
Thanks
Geoff.

5 REPLIES
Ianwild
Grafter

Re: Gradwell VOIP Trial Incoming Calls Issues

> 4) That is should be fine to have multiple soft or hard phones registered against the Gradwell trial account - that should all ring when a call is placed to the PTSN number allocated to the account?
I think 4 might be the issue - I've seen similar, and I'd be grateful if you could try this with only one handset to see if that rings.
On the single line platform we are using, the design is for only one device to be registered against one extension. We are planning to offer other options in later phases of the project, but for now it's not a feature we expect to work.
There is quite a long story behind this which I won't go into now. If you could test if this is the case or not for us though, that would be appreciated.
Ian
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Skydoc

Fritzbox 7140Any help would be gratefully received!

Try these
use internet number  tick
internet number   id number
user name  id number
password   your password
password confirmation   your password
Registrar   sip2.plus.net
Proxy server  sip2.plus.net
STUN  not sure ask plusnet here
use internet number tick
Puddy
(You only need to set an outbound proxy if your router/hub provides NAT)
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

I've a FritzBox Fon, which I've been meaning to add the trial onto since I started.  I'll try and give it a go over the week end and will post some screen shots if it works ok.
Phil
Skydoc

Thanks for all the help - a quick update.
Puddy - I set the Fritzbox up as you suggested - particularly I set the proxy to sip2.plus.net.  The result of your settings is that I now have reliable and quick outbound calling.  The problem of inbound calls still remains.  Despite the fact that the Gradwell status page reports an appropriate registration :
Status XX.XXX.XXX.XXX (username.plus.com), expires at 2007-12-07 11:30:33, logged into lilac
SIP Device AVM FRITZBox Fon WLAN 7140 Annex A 39.04.34 (Jun
SIP Server sip2.plus.net
- I still cant get incoming calls on the allocated PTSN line.  The calling party still hears the ring tone, but none of the phones ring in the house.  I am going to try and reboot all the hardware in case this is the problem but I have a feeling this might be at the Plusnet end.  Anyway - I have also made sure that this is the only appliance that is logged on th the account and also deleted all the old (non trial) accounts too.
Thanks for your help,
Regards
Geoff.
Skydoc

I have noticed something that may be important:
Although the Fritzbox reports that it is still registered (and outbound calls to the PTSN can still be made - the system status page reports:
Status XX.XXX.XXX.XX (username.plus.com), expired at 2007-12-07 11:30:33, logged into lilac
SIP Device AVM FRITZBox Fon WLAN 7140 Annex A 39.04.34 (Jun
SIP Server sip2.plus.net
- Suggesting that the server thinks that the phone is not registered.  Interestingly this event does not seem to result in a disconnection alert message being sent to me.
Hope this helps,
Regards
Geoff.