cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gradwell Changes

puddy
Grafter

Gradwell Changes

Gradwell have changed their setting do we need to update ours?
I noticed on the forum user are having problems with VoIP could this could be related to Gradwell problems?  They are having loads of problems and have had to extend opening hours on the customer service desks
Puddy
8 REPLIES
snark

Re: Gradwell Changes

Eh, changed what settings? The nat proxy stuff? I don't use nat proxies but I've just noticed my asterisk box is failing to register with sip.plus.net:
Registration for '8800xxx@sip.plus.net' timed out, trying again (Attempt #5360Cool
As it retries every 20s, it looks like it has been offline for over 10 days. I've tried logging into voip.plus.net but all that tells me is that I have no calls out, no calls in, no voice prompts, no voicemail,  and no contacts. What happened to the account balance and the number of minutes left out of my monthly 120m allowance?
Which forum are you seeing users reporting VoIP problems? http://www.gradwellstatus.com/ appears to be showing green at the moment.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

As per the previous poster, which settings have they changed?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

@snark,
Gradwell changed servers a few days ago and anyone not using the nat.plus.net outbound proxy discovered it was failing to register. Seems they transferred the proxy but haven't transferred sip.plus.net yet. Try using sip.gradwell.net or sip.gradwell.com instead of sip.plus.net and you should find it will register ok.
This thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,115578.48.html goes into all the gory details if you're interested
snark

Ah right. Thanks MisterW. I see in that thread that Peter says sip.plus.net needs changing to 109.224.232.93. Chris could you get that actioned please? sip.plus.net is currently pointing to 79.135.125.154.
Community Veteran

Chris could you get that actioned please?
I don't think Chris ( or anyone at PlusNet ) can do that. It will be done ( at some time ) by Gradwell.
In the meantime just use the gradwell url since that points to the correct server. My 2700hgv has been running like that for a few days now...
snark

I think all that is required is a simple DNS update. Gradwell can't do it (which I suspect is why it has not yet happened) as it is in a plus.net domain, but plusnet could.
Community Veteran

I agree, it ought to be, but if it was that simple, I'm sure Bob would have done it last week.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

According to this - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,115578.msg997427.html#msg997427, Bob is away for two weeks !  Roll eyes