Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GIGASET C475IP settings for PLUSNET

mkiyani
Dabbler

GIGASET C475IP settings for PLUSNET

HI everybody,
Can anybody please guide me  for siemens C475IP settings to Plusnet account.
thanx
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: GIGASET C475IP settings for PLUSNET

try this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,75681.0.html first and then post back if any problems
mkiyani
Dabbler

Many thanks for Reply.
I have tried these exact settings several times, the message is 'registration failed' or 'system not accessible'. I did choose in Voip provider ' gradwell' and also 'other'. No difference.( I am using wireless network I don't think this does matters).
In meanwhile, with the settings, my internet connection is breaking every few minutes and then reconnecting.
Any further guidance Please.
Thanx
Community Veteran

I have tried these exact settings several times, the message is 'registration failed' or 'system not accessible'. I did choose in Voip provider ' gradwell' and also 'other'.

That shouldn't matter, as long as you got the provider data correct in the Advanced Settings it should be fine.
Double check that your Sip Id and Password is correct, you know that your SIP password can be different to your voip control panel password don't you ?
Does your SIP id start with a '4' ? if so try dropping the 4 and just using the last six digits.
In meanwhile, with the settings, my internet connection is breaking every few minutes and then reconnecting.

I'm not quite sure I completely understand what you are saying here.
Do you mean that when you have the C475 connected your internet connection at the router drops every few minutes ? or just the C475 connection to the router ?
If the former then does it stay connected if you disconnect the C475 ?
What firmware version is the C475 ?
mkiyani
Dabbler

Thanx for reply.
-I have confirmed the SIP ID and password, they are correct. SIP id does not start with 4 and contains six digits.
- Yes, if the C475 is connected, the connection at the router drops every few minutes and if I disconnect the C475 from the router then the computer network stays connected.
I just copy/pasted the firmware version from the gigaset config panel  which is 022230000000 / 047.00. Is this one You asked about?
Community Veteran

SIP id does not start with 4 and contains six digits

SIP id should be seven digits ?Huh
gigaset config panel  which is 022230000000 / 047.00. Is this one You asked about?

Yep, that's the one, 02223 is the latest f/w and should be fine. There was an earlier version that gave network issues but I've not heard of any problems with 02223 so far.
Yes, if the C475 is connected, the connection at the router drops every few minutes and if I disconnect the C475 from the router then the computer network stays connected.

Sorry to be a pain, but do you mean your router actually loses the Broadband(DSL) connection or you just lose internet connectivity from the other computers ?
If its the first, that's very strange,not sure how the C475 can do that, unless its crashing the router somehow...
If its the second , check that you have the C475 set to obtain its IP automatically , if its not then maybe you have another computer with the same IP as the C475 ?
mkiyani
Dabbler

1. Sorry, I wanted to write seven digits.
2. Good to know that I have latest version.
3. Your point is important - Actually the router loses the broadband connection and If I disconnect the C475 from the router, it works fine.
            Further suggestion please.
Thanx

johpal
Grafter

Sorry if this sounds terribly patronising. The Siemens C475IP connects to both the router (for VoIP calls) and also the ordinary telephone socket (for landline calls). Do you have an ADSL filter between this socket and the 'phone?
mkiyani
Dabbler

Thanx for replying.
Yes, I do have ADSL filter between the socket and phone.
& there is no tone for landline. I think when voip will be working then I will be able to use the landline?
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: mkiyani

3. Your point is important - Actually the router loses the broadband connection and If I disconnect the C475 from the router, it works fine

It never going to register if you lose broadband connection when the C475 is plugged in, how can it?
& there is no tone for landline. I think when voip will be working then I will be able to use the landline?

With the modem/router unplugged from the telephone line and the C475 connected to the telephone line but not the router do you get dial tone?
What modem/router are you using and how have you connected it up?
Community Veteran

The landline will work on the C475 without the voip connection, there's something wrong if it doesnt.
Try itsme's suggestion of connecting it to the landline without connecting the network connection to the router.
mkiyani
Dabbler

thanks for replies,
Its a 'Thompson' modem.
I have tried connecting C475 to landline through ADSL without the router as suggested. No dial tone, if I try to dial some number the message comes 'IP configuration error: 0x33'.
I have reseted the base, no use. Checked all the cable and hardware, looks ok to me. so What should be the reason for this? 
Landline is working fine with my usual handset.
itsme
Grafter

I have tried connecting C475 to landline through ADSL without the router as suggested.

Could you explain what you mean by 'through ADSL'
mkiyani
Dabbler

I meant ADSL filter.
I figured out about the landline. I had to change phone settings to make the default line 'landline'. so now I have dial tone for the landline. but still voip is not working.
Any other suggestions please. Sad
thanx
Community Veteran

Ok, we're happy with the landline part of it now. Back to why the C475 causes the router to lose the DSL connection.
Have you got anything else connected with a wired network connection to the router ?
If not have you tried using a different network port on the router ?
Does the router reset completely or just lose the DSL link ? ie can you still see the other computers and the C475 web interface ?