cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension expired ... how current is the extension status on the voip portal ?

Roswellgrey
Grafter

Extension expired ... how current is the extension status on the voip portal ?

A question to the knowledgeable ....
How "current", or near real time, is the voip portal's showing of extension status ?
The reason for the question is that it is currently showing an extension status of :
  "expired at 1970-01-01 01:00:00, logged into v-sip-1NAT ......"
despite me having been logged on for a few hours.
I am just trying to ascertain if I have a config. issue in not being able to receive calls
or if this status is a symptom / cause of my problem.
103 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Re: Extension expired ... how current is the extension status on the voip portal ?

Mine says it expires at 2:14, so I'll keep an eye on it then.  The date and time does look like a null though.
Phil
Roswellgrey
Grafter

Re: Extension expired ... how current is the extension status on the voip portal ?

That is very kind - thanks Smiley
The null time_t is making me suspicious as well ....
Superuser
Superuser

It was 2:16 when I checked and it has updated to 2:41.
Hope this helps you get to the bottom of your problems.  It's unearthed a problem for me.  My static IP address has changed.  I only noticed because that page has me registered with username.plus.com when I have a subdomain of my domain as the rDNS of my usual static IP.  I've raised this else where though.
Phil
Roswellgrey
Grafter

Oops - I hope you get that sorted out ....
Appreciate the portal test - it looks like a pretty current view of status.
Many thanks for your help.
Superuser
Superuser

Right, just been sat refreshing that page and pretty much spot on it changed from expires at 2008-09-05 14:41:14 to expired at 2008-09-05 14:41:14.
Phil
Roswellgrey
Grafter

Thanks - that is rather conclusive proof that  the portal shows a near real-time view of the extn. status.
So .....  do any nice Plusnet people who read this have any ideas as to how I can be logged on and yet have an expired extension ?
Superuser
Superuser

Might be worth posting the make and model of your equipment or what softphone (with version) you are using, and what setting you have in it (minus your extention number and password!)
Phil
Roswellgrey
Grafter

A very fair point :
Netgear DG834G V4 -  Firmware 5.01.09
- default firewall settings ( no ports manually forwarded / opened), SIP ALG disabled (caused more problems than it solved)
- used wired ( rather than wireless)
SJPhone  - Build 1.65.377a
- set up as per plusnet's guide with sole exception that sip.plus.net domain is used (rather than sip2.plus.net)
Roswellgrey
Grafter

Just a final comment from me on this ...
Despite me being logged in, and inbound and outbound calls now working
(although I am not sure what has changed to cause inbound calls to start working now),
the portal is still showing the following:
Status lon-ppc-3, expired at 1970-01-01 01:00:00, logged into v-sip-1
NAT: xxxxxxxx@sip.plus.net on lon-ppc-3 from 87.114.x.yyy (87.114.x.yyy.plusnet.thn-ag3.dyn.plus.net)
SIP Device SJphone/1.65.377a (SJ Labs)
SIP Server sip2.plus.net
I am posting this just in case it **possibly** hilights (to Plusnet) some form of issue with a new / recently activated account.
I just find it strange that the extension is showing expired ( for over 24 hours ) when it appears to be active and working....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

I think you're right Roswellgrey, there does appear to be some sort of problem ( and not just with newly actiavted accounts.
my account is now showing
SIP Device SJphone/1.60.289a (SJ Labs)
SIP Server sip2.plus.net
Despite the fact that my Siemens C475 is definitely registered!!!.
I tried deactivating and reactivating it just in case my registering SjPhone yesterday caused a problem.
Community Veteran

Yep, definitely a problem somewhere, now my incoming calls dont work!!!
Roswellgrey
Grafter

Ian
Out of interest, did your issues get resolved ?
Good spot on the SIP Device - mine is stuck on "SJPhone", even when trying out Xlite to
see if that resolved my incoming calls issue ( which swaps from working to not working )
If anyone from Plusnet picks this up,
(a) my status is latched on "expired ..." with a null time
(b) the SIP device is latched as "SJPhone" despite me testing with a different client
(c) incoming calls are intermittant  - sometimes works, sometimes does not - goes in phases
(d) the softphone client is happily registering successfully, and outgoing calls are fine.
Community Veteran

RoswellGrey,
Yes my account is the same
SIP Device SJphone/1.60.289a (SJ Labs)
SIP Server sip2.plus.net
My Siemens C475 is currently registed OK. I havent used SJPhone since last week.
Incoming calls didnt work on Saturday but havent tried since. Tried Twinkle on my Linux box yesterday and that registered ok as well.
Any chance of someone from PlusNet picking this up please and finding out what is going on...

Roswellgrey
Grafter

Oh well - at least I am not alone with this (although you probably wish I was ! )
Just rasied a support ticket - will see what transpires.
BTW : as a bit of feedback to Plusnet, when I did raise this ticket,
the auto generated topic was:
    Question topic: Update My Credit Card Details
despite a path through the wizard of
[Support Wizard Journey]
[Broadband Phone Support Section]
[Broadband Phone Info]
[Additional Information]
I took what seemed a sensible path through the wizard  - I dont know where the "Update My Credit Card Details" topic came from ...
[  If you wonder why I am posting this drivel, the activation email did ask for feedback here .... Smiley  ]