cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR

OLD
Dabbler

ERROR

I have two Grandstream budge tone-100 phones (same number ) connected to my router set up with default settings and plus network settings.
They work fine and can dial each other also . However i get calls usually in a evening may be other times also, they last for 10 bursts of ringing then clear (one phone only) while ringing 'error' is displayed.  By swapping phones and using a spare i am pretty sure its not the instrument. This leaves set up and provider problems in my mind but can any one help this is difficult.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: ERROR

Does it work ok if you only have 1 phone connected to the router ?
OLD
Dabbler

I will try that out and get back to you but will have to give it a few days to confirm.
Community Veteran

If it works ok with only one phone connected then you probably need to modify the phone configuration so that each phone uses a different local port. According to the manual ( page 33 & 34 ? ) you can either specify a local port ( default is 5060 ) or set it to use a random port.
OLD
Dabbler

MisterW
It certainly looks like you fixed this straight away. I looked at the handbook and went straight for random port and so far no recurrence, so very pleased thank you very much for your assistance.
Chris
Community Veteran

You're welcome, having multiple voip phones connected to the same router can often be problematic  to setup.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I get that sometimes and I've logged a couple of sessions using a protocol analyser. It is just hackers speculatively sending SIP  packets to IP addresses looking for vulnerable VOIP systems.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.