cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draytek versus Tesco DP450 voip

beetman
Dabbler

Draytek versus Tesco DP450 voip

I have a reliable old Tesco DP450 voip which was working well on PlusNet's supplied router.
Because I needed a better router I went for a Draytek 2860 router with two access points
I have tried all the setting I can find for the phone and am wondering if it could be the router, but I had it pre-set as I am not  a techy.
Please offer me some phone settings to try or advise on the router.
IF I bought a new voip would I still have the problem?
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: Draytek versus Tesco DP450 voip

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are trying to do ?
Are you trying to use the DP450 with the draytek router or use the inbuilt VoIP on the draytek with normal phones ? ( assuming its a 2860vn )
The DP450 should just work as previously configured with the draytek, only thing you may need to do is disable the sip alg http://www.draytek.net.nz/draytek/support/disable-sip-alg/
Using normal phones with the 2860vn will require configuring it with your VoIP account details.
beetman
Dabbler

Hi, I am trying to use the DP450 with a standard 2860 no phone or Wi-Fi.
Thanks for the link but "Please proceed only if you understand what you are doing" worries me!! though could be what's wrong so will ring the supplier to guide me.
Thank you very much it was the direction I needed to look in that was the problem
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

No problem. I seem to remember that the Draytek has the ability to save and restore it's configuration, at least I think the 2820 I have in the office does so hopefully the 2860 will. If that's the case then as long as you save your current configuration, then if anything goes wrong, you can factory reset and restore your configuration.