cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Plusnet support SIP Trunking on its VOIP Service

mkeyworth

Does Plusnet support SIP Trunking on its VOIP Service

Hi
Just upgrading to Business Broadband, and looking to use a SIP Trunks from my Cisco Call Manager Express to the VOIP service.  I dont want to use a PC softphone or an ATA, as I want to keep my analogue line connected also, but I do a lot of homeworking and want a number of extra lines. 
Has anyone been able to get this working with VOIP or do they just support Softphones, Hardphones and ATA's Huh?Huh
Here's hoping !  Grin

Marcus
4 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: Does Plusnet support SIP Trunking on its VOIP Service

PN VoIP service is supplied by Gradwell http://www.gradwell.com/phoneservices so I would say yes but as the saying go, you have to suck and see.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Simon_M
Grafter

I suspect Plusnet are backing out of anything more than the standard VoIP packages they currently offer & they're not exactly pushing those. It's probably frowned upon by their Lords & Masters. I think they also found it difficult to allocate sufficient resource to develop & maintain the necessary expertise needed to deliver the required standard of first line support.
Having said that, the underlying Plusnet services generally support VoIP well & there is the existing relationship with Gradwell. Unless Plusnet staff jump in here tomorrow with a home grown answer, I would wander over to the Gradwell web site & ask them the question.
puddy
Grafter

mkeyworth@
You must understand that PlusNet VoIP service is free for most customers so it’s a basic VoIP service just to provide an extra home telephone number.  If you look around at other VoIP provides most like orbtalk no longer supply home users with a free std number.
You could try draytel or sipgate they are still free but draytel have a £20 top up fee before giving you a std number although the credit not taken away from you if you make no calls for 90 days.
If you want a free account and don’t mind not having a std number you could look at VoIP talk otherwise it going to cost you £4 per month plus calls.
If you do want an extra PlusNet VoIP line they ask for a £10 credit and all calls are payg
Kind regards
Puddy