cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to pay?

thehatman
Grafter

Do I have to pay?

If I'm on the old 2000 free minutes package do I keep that with this new Gradwell thing?
If not is any of the Gradwell deal free VOIP?
Do I have to alter anything my end?
Thanks
9 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: Do I have to pay?

For the trial period we'll be duplicating your existing Broadband Phone product on the Gradwell platform for free. The idea being that when you are moved onto the trial you should only use one of your accounts. i.e. if you have 2000 minutes we'd expect you to either use all of these minutes on your existing broadband phone product or the trial or a mixture of both but never 2000 minutes on each account (which contravenes our trial T&Cs).
So, your subscription for E&Ws covers your trial package as well.
To start using the trial platform you need to register your request at http://trials.plus.net - then once you've been added we'll provide you with an email which details your new login details for http://voip.plus.net and the settings you need to enter into your device (or softphone) etc.
thehatman
Grafter

And after the trial?
Also if I don't go on the trial, will I just be swapped over after it? I didn't ask about "to start with on the trial", I asked will it be the same when it is up and running in the normal way.
Will I have to pay, will the free minutes still be 2000, etc?
RichSmol
Grafter

We will be migrating customers over to the Gradwell platform at the beginning of May - so if you choose to start your account with Gradwell now or later it doesnt really matter but you will be moved across to the Gradwell platform soon anyway. So yes, your trial account product will replicate how the final product will look minus some backend automated processes and call centre support.
thehatman
Grafter

So when I am migrated will my 2000 minutes still be free? If not, what amount do I get? 
RichSmol
Grafter

when we migrate to the Gradwell platform you will then pay £2.99 a month for the E&Ws package as you are now but your account will exist on the Gradwell platform only.
thehatman
Grafter

So what you are saying is that the free web-phone calls on my current product will end?
I think you are being a bit cagey about what's going on here.
I don't want to pay any more money. I'm losing a service, but not receiving a price reduction due to this loss.
Is that correct?  No spin please. Just the direct truth.
RichSmol
Grafter

Right, sorry for not making myself a little clearer....heres a quick low down of whats going to happen from May 1st onwards:

• You will continue with the same product you are on now, if you dont have a Broadband Phone account you need to request an account through http://trials.plus.net as apposed to activating the service through the Member Centre (although there will be a holding page directing you there anyway)

• You will no longer have access to the conventional Broadband Phone account management pages through the Member Centre, instead you'll be directed to http://voip.plus.net for all account management

• You will NOT need to change any settings, we will manage that for you. For a time being you will be able to use either sip.plus.net or sip2.plus.net. We will point both of these plus both your login details to the Gradwell platform

• We'll transfer any remaining credit or 0845 numbers to the Gradwell platform as well

So, in short you dont need to do anything other than serve your account in a different place to take advantage of the extra features the Gradwell platform offers. We're not discontinuing a service, just changing platforms.
cheers
Rich
thehatman
Grafter

thanks for the further information. Sorry if i'm being thick.
So to keep my 2000 free minutes evening and weekend service I can just do nothing is that right? (But the online control page will change).
RichSmol
Grafter

Thats correct  Cheesy